Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting for a friend,and taking backup interest if an up to 3 person/1 boat opening occurs ,due to bailers,on a 7/30 to 8/3 Lodore.Food,permits,shuttle and all other group gear appear to be covered,for 1 vehicle,your two people and you ,at $250 per person approx.You will be responsible for all required personal gear that meets regs at put in,and personal beverages.

Sorry---Due to the short window before submitting final list,i ask that you outline your experience(particularly Lodore),your equipment,and link any videoes/photos youve posted from recent trips,then your phone#.That'll help sort the wheat from the chaff.

Meeting at Rifle,Colo on 7/29,and driving up to put-in.Launch is 1pm,7/30,to take advantage of the ramped flow.Pot Creek is first camp.Four camp nites/five days.

State your case politely,and lets see if we can get you on an
american treasure....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
open the floodgates...

last time i checked,kobe's beef was served in a rump roast,covered in a creamy sauce of(aged for 19 years) tears......

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
$250 for a 5 day trips seems to be in the fair range, maybe an the upper side. But in the profit making range? Seems a bit harsh. All sorts of possibilities like full cost sharing of any rented gear like toilets, rafts, or even consumables like propane, charcoal, toilet paper, groover microbs, etc. As a foodie our trips often hit $20 per person per day for food sometimes (rarely every day of a trip), and not just because we eat like kings but because food is ridiculously expensive now.

When did MB become so harsh to folks looking for help or offering river trips? We are coming across as unwelcoming recently to lurkers who are finally reaching out.

Phillip

·
Registered
323 Posts
Different folks, different strokes, but I am serious about what our costs came to, and we had incredible amounts of food, beer, wine. I think NPS regs prohibit back charging for previously owned equipment. I provided our trip's groover, and I guarantee the price to dump it at the local state park was a whopping $9. We used my 10# propane tank, $4.50 to refill.

·
The Russian
1,389 Posts
The only thing I can think of is OP renting all their boats/equipment and is looking to fill the spots to split the rental gear cost.

$250/person? Way too much for a private trip. It costs my family of 3 including gas, shuttle, food and even a TP about $500 for a 5 day trip.

·
Registered
610 Posts
"Sorry---Due to the short window before submitting final list,i ask that you outline your experience(particularly Lodore),your equipment,and link any videoes/photos youve posted from recent trips,then your phone#.That'll help sort the wheat from the chaff."

After I submit my resume, and (hopefully) successfully pass the background check and drug test, will there be an interview as well?

P.S. I look better in person than I do in my photos... camera adds 15 lbs. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
devils in the details...

Again, its not my trip,but total faith in the quality of preparation.Happy to hear of these lo-cost trips,but still waiting for those videoes/photos/menus/math figures,etc.,on the same five day,16 person format to arrive/gel.Please go to any outfitters website for a 2015 reality check,on per person.

Again,looking only for qualified folks with gear;a flexible calendar;who appreciate Lodore.and the opportunity(if possible),to step into a five day trip,with no hassle....the clock is ticking.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Edit: (they explained the #s and I got some math wrong; works out closer to $30 a day after base fees, still not exuberant though).

Again, its not my trip,but total faith in the quality of preparation.Happy to hear of these lo-cost trips,but still waiting for those videoes/photos/menus/math figures,etc.,on the same five day,16 person format to arrive/gel.Please go to any outfitters website for a 2015 reality check,on per person.

Again,looking only for qualified folks with gear;a flexible calendar;who appreciate Lodore.and the opportunity(if possible),to step into a five day trip,with no hassle....the clock is ticking.
Thanks for opening up the trip to the Buzz community and hope ya'll have a great time

Phillip

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just pmd you lillbilm. Very experienced, looking to row lodore (guided commercially 20 years, including Dino 4 fulltime.) Please call/text asap, computer not well. 303 642-0823

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
trip filled---thanx to all who responded

out of 19 private Lodore runs,out of 30 yrs trying,ive pulled half off here on the buzz,posted by folks who'd never post again.Just was trying to pay it forward.....

serious about seeing spreadsheets on same format trip(otherwise its apples/oranges)--6 day/16 meat eating adults/8=10 car shuttle.Or better yet,invite me on all your lo-cost trips,so i can learn firsthand!!

Be safe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts