Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....for blowing up inflatables to 3psi. Is there any such thing available for under $120? looking to use on IKs.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Here are a few options: I use an old shop vac leaf blower + a 12 volt inverter.

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
This is what I use because I already own Dewalt tools and batteries.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
That dewalt is nice cause it’s wall plug, car 12v or battery. I have their tools too so I may get that if it’s not to big. My buddy has the makita and itll fill a phat cat pretty fast. He did two phat cats but was saying I dunno this batteries really low we can try and ended up doing both so I’d say it’s nice but you gotta have all the batteries cause they are the expensive part. (Thanks captain obvious) lol

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
That dewalt is nice cause it’s wall plug, car 12v or battery. I have their tools too so I may get that if it’s not to big. My buddy has the makita and itll fill a phat cat pretty fast. He did two phat cats but was saying I dunno this batteries really low we can try and ended up doing both so I’d say it’s nice but you gotta have all the batteries cause they are the expensive part. (Thanks captain obvious) lol
On our last trip we blew up 3 14ft Avons, 1 16ft Avon and a pair of 16ft Aire cat tubes wiith one battery. 😎

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you don't want to top it off by hand or foot pump, I've had a Bravo pump for many years and it's awesome!

They key is to make sure it's a dual stage pump. Single stage pumps mean you will need to top the raft off because they cannot build up enough PSI to fully inflate a standard raft or SUP.

My dual stage Bravo has lasted ~15 years and is still going strong! It has an automatic shutoff so I can set it to the PSI I'd like and fill the raft while I'm getting gear ready as well.

This looks like the latest model

·
Beater
195 Posts
Makita blower, fresh 18v battery, 3d printed nozzle (that opens a Leafield valve, fits Milwaukee too) and diy k-pump is what I now bring on the river

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
So with the leaf blower isn’t it kinda big like a leaf blower or are you mcguivering some other outlet on it? And home I use a shop vac and iam shocked how fast a giant boat gets filled. I have to do 5 boats soon so iam actually listening lol

·
Beater
195 Posts
Check the photos on Amazon, the Makita is not a full sized leaf blower. As far as battery life, I filled my 16' raft this spring (it was rolled for the winter) with the 18v 3.0Ah battery and had 3 out of 4 bars left...

·
Registered
321 Posts
It's been mentioned but if you have cordless tools of any brand (milwaukee or die haha) then just get the blower. My milwaukee blower was like 80$ and can blow up my 14 footer in about 3-4 min. Then I just top off with K100 pump and all in its a 5-7 min ordeal. Everyone I raft with comments on how nice it is to not be hooked up to the car. Also small enough to put in a pack. To add I could probably get 3-4 rounds of inflating my 14' with one 18V 6 ah battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Which Milwaukee blower do y'all have? This idea is quite the revelation but mine's got a 3" outlet and I'm drawing a blank figuring out how to get all that air into an HR valve.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Which Milwaukee blower do y'all have? This idea is quite the revelation but mine's got a 3" outlet and I'm drawing a blank figuring out how to get all that air into an HR valve.

·
Registered
104 Posts
With cordless battery powered leaf blowers, why would anyone use a corded pump ever again?!
Because one doesn't want to top off their raft(s) by hand/foot, one prefers tools made to perform the job they are doing, and for me..I like the automatic shutoff as well so I can rig other things up while it's filling.

When I have more than one raft to fill, it's even better being able to start the pump and walk away, switch rafts when one is full, and back to rigging while the next raft fills.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts