Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any pool sessions going on in the Boulder/Denver area? I am new to town from Montana and am looking to paddle. Is there any winter water anywhere?? :wink:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Try the local boating stores for pools during the winter: Mountain Miser, Confluence Kayaks, Aplineglow, Boulder Outdoor Center, should be others as well.

As for winter boating: Gore was running recently (IV-V), Shoshone runs almost year round (glenwood springs, 2.5hrs from denver west on I-70, play run), maybe bailey (IV-V) or waterton(III) (Deckers, South of Denver in the mountains)-ask for front range boaters for that info.

Lucky 7 is running, its a 3-4ft recurling wave at the base of an overflow dam near Grand Junction. Its a long drive for just that though, more like a weekend trip skiing and kayaking would be better. Westwater might also be going, but requires a permit from blm and its just over state line in Utah. 17miles, 5miles whitewater, lots of flat.

Hope that helps
Josh

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Pool Time

Confluence Kayaks has the pool at Denver University on Tuesday Nights. It's in the Ritchey Center (I-25 and University), Tuesday 8:30-10:00 pm, call 303-433-3676 for details.

$5 open pool
$15 open pool w/ equipment

$40 lesson w/ gear
$30 lesson no gear
$75 2 lessons w/gear

·
Registered
429 Posts
Golden WWP has one reasonable hole at low water; the Libray Hole. When it's not frozen solid you can throw flat-spins in both directions, front, side and back surf, and it's plenty deep and fast enough for stern squirts and other eddy play. Watch out for iceburgs though! There were a few big ones that tried to attack me today in there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
:?: Do Mulberry pool sessions (RMA) start this Sunday in Fort Collins? Is it still 3:00? Must one make reservations? Should I get off my lazy ___ and just call them? (LOL)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts