Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures their mulit-rod holders on their catafaft or raft. I have a 16' cataraft that I would like to set up to store 4-6 flyrods/spinning rods.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
On a 16' I would use PVC pipe- just section out a portion for your reels. You can mount those tubes to a frame so it's easily added/removed to your boat when you need it. Riverboat works in Salida, CO offers a commercial version if you're looking to buy, rather than build. Please post pics once you sort it out??? Good lucK!

·
Registered
13 Posts

Ignore the massive overload on the raft and the fact that we had to move everything around to fit in dead stuff. The rod tubes are the schedule 40 conduit strapped to each side. You just slot out for the reels and put a small piece of bungee cord to loop around the reel seat and hold the rod in. If you want to hold a spinning rod, you'll need a larger size of conduit to accommodate the larger guides. For scale, that is a 14' Aire SDP. Obviously you can stack several pieces of conduit on top of one another to fit more rods.

·
Super Moderator
2,903 Posts

Ignore the massive overload on the raft and the fact that we had to move everything around to fit in dead stuff. The rod tubes are the schedule 40 conduit strapped to each side. You just slot out for the reels and put a small piece of bungee cord to loop around the reel seat and hold the rod in. If you want to hold a spinning rod, you'll need a larger size of conduit to accommodate the larger guides. For scale, that is a 14' Aire SDP. Obviously you can stack several pieces of conduit on top of one another to fit more rods.
Love it, looks awesome. And a nice bull too. Trying to make it look like a cliff below Jack Creek where the trail is built right on the river, but it seems too wide for the MF. Where if you don't mind my asking?

·
Sponsoring Vendors
331 Posts
Riverboat Works Rod Holders

We are making a 9’ 9” rod holder and make them to hold 2, 3 or 4 rods. But we could make them to hold 6 if you have the room on your frame.

We make them to fit our frames of 1 ½” pipe 1 7/8” OD, we make one that fits the 1 ¼” pipe 1 5/8” OD frame, and we can make them to fit smaller frames like the 1” or 1 ¼” OD.

We do install these free if you pull up it takes about 5 minutes. Good to call ahead so we have what you want ready and make sure we aren’t busy on another boat. We also ship them but they have to be cut into two parts and then glued with a connector on your end. Easy to install: drill two 5/16” holes in your frame and tap with a 3/8” tap. We use a 3/8” SS button bolt with a little blue lock tite.

Here are some photos. Give us a call if you need our help. We will sell the complete unit, or just the tubes, of brackets.

We also sell a vertical holder so you can be hands free when retying.

Here are some photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Airecat, that is a pretty slick looking setup. Is that the mesh floor from aire in your boat? If so, how do you like it?
Thanks.

Yes it is a mesh floor from AIRE. I like it and have had no problems with it in the 4 years its been on the boat. But if I know what I know now I wouldnt have got it. I would have had Jan make me one for about a 1/3 the price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts