Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Mountainbuzz. Help me out with a quick poll. I am trying to gauge what the distribution of T-shirt sizes is in the whitewater kayaking community. I'm making shirts for Bailey Fest this year, and I'm trying to decide how many to get of each size. Last year, I didn't do so well... had too many of some sizes and not enough of other sizes.

If I get a big enough sample size, it will help me understand the ratio of sizes relative to each other so I can make a better shirt order.

Thanks for the help...

·
doesn't need a fake name
481 Posts
I wear a large tall, or maybe a xl tall. It's always hard to find shirts that fit at events, because the normal larges are too short, and the xl or xxls are too wide. Anyone else have this issue, or is it just me?

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
I am six foot with a 30 inch inseam. God is a practical joker and I am the punchline.

I need XL T, or no can do. But maybe I am freak.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys. XLT is an option. Forgot about it in the poll, and had no clue what it was last year, but I know now!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Size XL is almost always too tight in the shoulders and/or too short in the length. XXL usually have plenty of room in the shoulders but have way too much girth (width) around the chest and waist.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm with Leif....L tall or XL tall if it's athletic fit. Sucks only being able to find t shirts that only really fit normal sized people.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like we need to get a professional seamstress out to Bailey Fest to do custom shirts. Anybody out there got a good sewing machine and measuring tape?

Thanks for the info folks... Keep it coming. The more poll takers, the better the numbers are.

I will be ordering shirts in the May/June time frame. If you have a special size and you know you want a shirt, PM me, and I can make sure you get it.

If you aren't coming to the Fest and you live somewhere else, I can mail shirts out too.

·
Registered
556 Posts
leif said:
I wear a large tall, or maybe a xl tall. It's always hard to find shirts that fit at events, because the normal larges are too short, and the xl or xxls are too wide. Anyone else have this issue, or is it just me?
That describes me.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'd second that. I normally end up with an XL as a compromise. A LT
(or possibly XLT depending on style) would be ideal.

I suspect we're not going to get any Leif :) Not that it matters for me for Bialeyfest as I'll miss it this year.

John

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I special ordered an XLT for Miker last year, so I am more than happy to accomodate the tall shirt crowd. For those folks that have a less frequent size, hit me up if you want one, and I will order.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts