Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to the population of people on this list who have both run the RimtoRimtoRim (R3) and captained a raft (or kayaked) down the Grand? And I'm not referring to doing the R3 WHILE on a grand trip but if you did...then I surely want to hear from you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I mostly ran R3 and I have rowed down the Grand but they were on different trips. What I meant by "mostly ran" is I walked quickly up some of the steep switchback sections but ran everything else.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mostly ran R3 and I have rowed down the Grand but they were on different trips. What I meant by "mostly ran" is I walked quickly up some of the steep switchback sections but ran everything else.
Yea....that's what I meant. There are very few folks that have truly RUN the R3 from beginning to end.

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is an interesting question. I have completed a dozen rim to rim to rims in a day and have experienced 3 winter solos (28-30 day trips) on the river.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is an interesting question. I have completed a dozen rim to rim to rims in a day and have experienced 3 winter solos (28-30 day trips) on the river.
Wait.....12 R3's in a day. Now that's impressive :)

Ok...we're starting to rack them up. I still think it's a small population and I'd still like to see that hard-as-nail person who comes down to PR then does an R3 (RivertoRivertoRiver) and then hops back on their raft/kayak and heads into Horn full of piss and vinegar.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've done both. Not on the same trip (that would be an interesting way to kill time waiting for hikers joining the trip....)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts