Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,049 Posts
Nice vids, Laura! Did you get a parking ticket in Wind?

Also, what kind of oar locks are those?

-AH

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice vids, Laura! Did you get a parking ticket in Wind?

Also, what kind of oar locks are those?

-AH
Thanks! I have finally learned that the highest res on my gopro 3 is worthless, it only does 12 fps which is really choppy. The second video I used the next step down, and it was much better. I think I need to fine tune this more though.

Parking ticket? I know not what you speak of. Wind River Washington, not Wyoming. No ticket, lots of rigs on Saturday. We don't even need the recreational passes to park.

You've got to be joking about the oarlocks, surely you have not missed discussions over the years about my posilockers? ;)

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Nice..... Looks like you got some tail stands & surf action in there. On that first video, I can just hear it......"OK enough already, let's blow this joint."

Was your GoPro mounted on your helmet or a chest mount? Cool to see your hands in the video. I just got myself a GoPro for Christmas. GoPro class at REI tomorrow night.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I did not want to be in that surf. I dropped my body down into my cage to try and flush out, I never felt downstream current. I even was kicking with ine leg, LOL! The only thing with current was the water flowing down the drop. It was risky to drive, even slightly, my upstream oar. But it worked, whew! Nothing downstream of consequence so it wasn't a bad situation.

Head mount.

Right side was super fun!

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Yes I did not want to be in that surf. I dropped my body down into my cage to try and flush out, I never felt downstream current. I even was kicking with ine leg, LOL! The only thing with current was the water flowing down the drop. It was risky to drive, even slightly, my upstream oar. But it worked, whew! Nothing downstream of consequence so it wasn't a bad situation.

Head mount.

Right side was super fun!
I've have a few cat surfs where it was fun for about two seconds, then I was ready to hit the exit button. Looks like your little surf cat is a ton of fun!

I found that 720/60 fps has worked the best for me on my Kodak Playsport camera. Easier to edit, especially slow motion. I took some video of my frisbee maniac dog with the new GoPro in 1080 that looked good though. I'll be experimenting for sure. I'm hoping to learn some valuable stuff at the class.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These were our big tubes, not the newer small cartman tubes. The wind is IV+/V- so I take it easy on myself.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I prefer to rip lines, not lips!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

1 - 9 of 9 Posts