Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back to the UK after an amazing trip to Uganda. After spending the last two weeks sorting through photos, getting a job and putting video onto the computer we finally got the first post done of our first week in Uganda so here it is:

http://paddling-pommies.blogspot.com/

the Nile is now my favourite paddling destination, hot, cheap and big water...what more could you want.

enjoy,

James Bebbington

·
Registered
911 Posts
Right on James...

I am heading to the Zam/Nile from Colorado on the 26th.

Sounds like I am about to have a great time.

question:
Anything you would recommend to be aware/prepared for prior to getting there that surprised you? from the looks of things the spiders and snakes are something to avoid.

Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey

hey their,

yeh was an awesome trip wish I was going back sooner,

Snakes wise I only saw three the whole trip and only one was really bad! So not really an issue and they tend to run away from you anyway apparently.

Spiders wise non of the ones we saw were bad just big compared to waht I get to see in the Uk.

My advice would be to not worry to much about the wildlife as it really isn't too bad.

Don't drink river water as you'll get a stomach infection like I did! ;-)

Don't pass out in the bar like Sean did as you'll probably get eaten or given a haircut but otherwise mosquitos weren't a problem and i didn't get bitten very much.

hope you have a good trip as i'm sure you will,

James Bebbington - Pommie Productions

1 - 3 of 3 Posts