Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend and I will be traveling to somewhere in SE Asia for a week or two from New Zealand in March. It's mostly because we are already over here and want to check somewhere out on the way home. Is there anywhere in SE Asia I could show up with my full kit (minus boat and paddle) and be able to paddle for a few days? I won't have time to sort out logistics so I know Chris Baer is killing it in Laos, but something a bit more plug and play would be ideal. I would even love suggestions ranging from South Korea to Fiji to Japan (I know that is not SE Asia). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I have a buddy who did this some years ago in Thailand when he was there for work - should definitely be an option there through some of the rafting companies.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Matt, your old buddy Gabe Steger has paddled in Thailand and got a hold of a boat and paddle somewhere. Hit him up.

Glad to see you are alive and well.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'll second Siam River Adventures, out of Chaing Mai, I went up and paddled out of their outpost for a week, taking some time off of logistical nightmares and just paddling fun class 4 every day.

The section that they work on is fun class 4, think Upper Youghiogheny.

Holler if you want more beta

1 - 6 of 6 Posts