Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....so i just got off the phone with my long time boating/skiing partner....you may know him as ESTE.....or just STEVE MELINICK....he was helping some people cross a swollen creek up in the butte(bottom of DEAD MAN'S switch backs)after a long hard day of trail riding on dirtbikes....you have to walk dirtbikes across a fat log...one person up front and one person in the back....on the last bike, he lost his footing and fell...took a shot to the head and then then motorcycle fell on his head and neck....he's been in la-la land for 3 days and just decided to go get x-rays....he called with that sound in his voice that you know something is fucked up....he is off to gunny as you read this to get cat-scanned and meet with neuro-surgeon....doc says he needs surgery ASAP....why i am on mtn buzz?.....he is a sick boater and know needs to sell his brand new(2 days used) avocado hefe' to cover his deductable....he will not be reachable so you can email me at [email protected], pm me or call me at 970-275-1890....he may also be selling his vicious 02 YZ-250....please help him out and buy his hefe'.....low ballers can eat shit...only respectable bids accepted....thanks for your help if you buy it and thanks for reading this post.....milo

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Hope all is well and he has a speedy recovery. I'm passing the word around.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not sure what kind of surgery he is facing, but having had cervical spine surgery myself a few years ago, tell your buddy to look into all the options before accepting a solution. Fusion is pretty common but artificial discs or microsurgery are now also viable. I ended up flying to Pittsburgh to have Dr. Jho perform a microforamenotomy for me instead of a fusion. I was told by a neurologist to get to a surgeon within 48 hrs. Jho Institute for Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hey Milo,
If he does end up needing fusion then tell him to try not to freak out too much. I broke my neck pretty badly and it is fused and bolted tight. BUT... I am still paddling and taking shots to the head when I go upside down. I got back into my boat 7 months after I broke my neck and worked my way up from from the playpark to my regular runs. My neurosurgeon told me it is stronger than it was before I broke it. It works fine, though the range of motion sucks (scouting over the shoulder from an eddy is a joke now) and it hurts.

I'm sure that some people milk a broken neck for all it is worth what with disability payments and pain pills and such... but there really isn't any reason he can't get that thing bolted up and start working on a comeback.

·
Registered
790 Posts
SO BUMMED and sorry to hear about this!

Milo - let me know if there is anything I can do to help - maybe I can go to Steve's house and take some photos of the boat to put on the buzz.

Melnick is a great individual ad paddler - if you can help him out by buying this boat, all his friends and paddling buddies here in CB would be grateful.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...ladies, you can help too....

....for all you ladies that are not ready for a hefe.....i should mention that he is the BEST LOOKING GUY in town....whomever donates the most(sorry ATOM, you're not a chick) could win a date with him....he'd try to break my neck if he knew i was posting this shit....anyhow, he is a handsome dude...tall, dark and full of ripplin' muscles...he teles and is single as well....so, thanks for your support and i'll pass on the info about the Jho institute....milo

·
Registered
790 Posts
....for all you ladies that are not ready for a hefe.....i should mention that he is the BEST LOOKING GUY in town....whomever donates the most(sorry ATOM, you're not a chick) could win a date with him....

No exaggeration - he is a good looking man and ripped too - all the ladies here definitely take notice. So....win a date with Melnick by donating to the 'help Melnick fix his broken neck' fund.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Maybe offer a double date with the boat. Melnick and then another date with Milo, you would cover a wider market. From the younger ladies to the hot grandma types for Milo. Maybe milo can show you his "poison ivy love potion"

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
....update....

....just got off the phone with steve...he's headed to GLENWOOD for operation....tuff times for the kid....a fundraiser will happen soon at the world famous ELDO in crested butte...a lovely little watering hole that favors kayaker types....their moto, " A SUNNY PLACE FOR SHADY PEOPLE"....milo ps will post his address and full name for those that want to send a little something....we all appreciate it...pss, lotsawater....there's only one gal for me bro....but on a side note once you hit 40, all gals between the ages of 25-65 are acceptable....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bummer..... Hope everything works out for him with his surgery! Coming to the Butte this weekend, i'll have to find you and kick a little change for psycho boy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hope all is well. Ive broken my neck and back. Neck 6 months ago no surgery though. He'll be fine im sure. As for the boat my bro is looking for a jefe right now. might work out we are located in carbondale. I'll call him. Best of luck

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't know you guys and don't want to jump to conclusions. I am cash poor, need a new creek boat, and feel for you. I will throw him $100.00 for nothing. Let me know after things settle out.

Eric Nourse 970 405 8002

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
...thanks people...

...kayakers kick ass....e.nourse, i'll let you know what's up...caliclimber, keep in touch about the hefe and i'll keep in touch about the benefit, i'll meet you on star pass and ride in with you guys if you pull it off....i took the hardest crashes of my 3 year trail riding career yesterday....finally got to go down in 5th gear at high speed, running of the bulls style....hit a tree, hockey style.....belly flopped onto sharp rock and waisted rib thru chest protector...love it.....trying to go to fast chasing a sicko...my yz-250 looks like it fell out of an airplane!!! i'll get it going and i'll be healed up soon....the BLACK is dropping out and will need to see some traffic.... milo

·
Registered
211 Posts
Capt'n...

Man, so bummed to hear that Este is injured. His crew in Asheville is hoping for a speedy recovery! I probably can round up some prizes for a fundraiser too. Hit me with your addy sometime so we can get a care package en route to CB.

BTW, Will Lyons and I were discussing a canyon trip in early Sept if flows permit.

later-

Bryan

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
....update....

....my boy went into surgery 30 minutes ago....standard procedure...rods in his neck....gonna go to glenwood and get him tomorrow i think....he's tough and will pull thru this mess....BOWEN i'll get a physical address where you can send something....thanks bro...i'll pm you tonite....gonna go choke out his landlord right now to secure cheap rent for a month or 2....milozadik

·
Registered
263 Posts
Man, that's a rough thing to have happen. Glad he's getting good treatment. I don't know Steve, but hoping and praying for the best for him and and sending positive vibes for a full and speedy recovery!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts