Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Nuff said. The AT3 is actually cheaper than the Werner bent shaft player....any thoughts or experiences with either that would be helpful?

Xie Xie!

·
Registered
255 Posts
AT

i'm on my third AT, only because they keep leaking and the 1 year warranty kicks in....

save yourself the hassle of spending half your season with a crappy loaner - suck up the extra 100$ and get a werner. i think there's reason that most serious paddlers have the werner brand....

anyone out there have an AT for more than 1 year that doesn't leak?

(my 2 cents - i'm sure there are some AT enthusiasts out there.)

S

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I have worn down the ends on my player from about one year of low water scrapy boating. It seems bomber, I never worry about bashing rocks with it. I think deepsouth broke a player this year, but I understand that it resulted from an unusal mating of paddle and rock. In any case, he got another player, that says something right there!

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
its more expensive cause its better

·
Registered
153 Posts
my at3 folded in half like a nervous poker player in boulder creek... I've had 3 different werners in 8 years, my previous two are still holding up with my novice/int. friends, my new(er) player feels soooo much better/lighter/stronger than the AT. good riddance to the AT rock hammer.... but I can say it never leaked on me...... doesn't that sound nasty?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I haven't tried to AT3, but i really didn't like the AT4. and i really wanted to because it was (basically) free. And really liked the player. Ended up buying that. so try them both, before you buy.

Joe

·
Registered
790 Posts
Get an AT2 Standard or Flexi. They never leak. Unless you are a total paddle-beater they are strong and will hold up. Best, smoothest, easiest on the joints paddle on the market in my opinion. Dont bother with the 3 or 4. CKS has AT 2's on sale right now I think.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Chris, you're the first satisfied AT purchaser I've ever met. I also will say that I've never delt with the AT2, just 3 and 4. One thing about the Werners is that they will wear down on you over time, but they don't catastrophically fail like i've seen countless ATs do. Makes me nervous to even get on the water with someone holding one.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Any suggestions on which AT is best for creeking? I've always used Werner but got tired of the edges wearing down so quickly. So I switched to an AT4, their "super tough" model but it wears just as quickly, leaked, and came apart at the joint. I had to glue it back together. It seems the AT2, AT3 and ATX have that different blade which doesn't wear as fast but I've seen a lot of AT break. Does one break more often than the others? It seems their descriptions are off. Their AT4 "super tough" model isn't and I've seen a couple people creek with their AT2 "performance play paddle" with pretty good luck in not breaking it or wearing it down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts