Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just getting into playboating and am looking for a good used boat. I'm a 5'2", 125 lb petite woman, so I'm looking for a small boat that I can handle well. Does anyone know of small playboats that are universally good for surfing and playing in general? Thanks!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Jackson Kayak Fun 2

try the Fun 2...you can probably demo one. I'd demo several boats and find one you feel comfortable in.

Mike

·
Registered
911 Posts
aa,

I am the jackson rep/ambassador and live in Boulder. Although I don't have them today, I should have the "Star" and "2Fun" by the begging of next week. Depending on what type of boat you really want, each of them is perfectly sized for you. The Star series is our freestyle line and the Fun series is our riverrunning play boat series.

Confluence might have both of them for demo right away as well...

Call Don or John... both are great guys.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
also the smaller kingpin.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Small playboat

Hi,

I am 5 feet and 108 lbs. I just purchased a Fun 1.5. It's the perfect size for me and at my weight is also a great river-runner. In fact, I cannot believe it's speed and ease at attaining! I think its light weight (23 lbs) is a factor.

You weigh slightly more than I and have 2 more inches. Perhaps you might want to speak to E.J. I called him when I was considering getting a Jackson Fun and couldn't decide between the 2 and 1.5. He was very helpful in assisting me in my decision making.

That said, I humbly suggest demo'ing first. I find the Fun 1.5 hard to roll if I crank up the back-band or have a too-tight fit. I'm still working on the "ideal" back-band position and happy feet inflation!

Other boats: Wave Sport has the new EZG 42 but I found this boat too big for me. I thought the Siren was a bit too big but would make a good river runner.

I hear Dagger has a good playboat... the something (I can't recall) 6.1

Hope that helps.

Happy paddling,
Annie

·
Registered
1 Posts
pyranha inazone 212

I bought my wife a Pyranha inazone 212. It would fit you. It has been in the water twice, her paddle has never been in the water. I live in morrison. I would like to get $500.00

·
Registered
123 Posts
I haven't paddled the Fun series yet. I paddled the Wavesport Siren a bunch tho and I like it a lot... the only thing is I'm too tall for it (5'7"). Definitely worth trying out several types though and seeing what you like. I think the dagger boat someone referenced is the Kingpin.

So, I say: Wavesport Siren, Jackson Fun, Wavesport EZG, and Dagger Kingpin are all worth trying.

Keep in mind, though, i'm not much of a playboater. :lol: I DID work at a kayak shop a couple of summers ago so I do know my boats tho :)

Lauren

·
SarahofTheWaves
375 Posts
Choices

Nice to have them...

I'm same size as you. My favs...
Kingpin 6.1
Pyranha s6f 191

try em all. Only boat I would suggest against are LL boats. Hard to get your arms around and are difficult to roll. But you should try for yourself.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dagger Id 6.8.

I'm not really trying to sell mine, but it'd probably be great for you and I'd sell it to you used and I'd just get something slightly more conservative. I don't playboat anyway, I just river run it because it is lightweight!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts