Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm transitioning more towards creeking but I want a play boat for the rivers and days where the creeker won't be ideal. I've owned a Pyranha Inzone 230 since 2004 and have used that for pretty much everything. What I'm looking for in a play boat is something small enough to pull off tricks much easier than an Inazone but can still make it down river without being too squirrelly. I've read a lot about the EZG, S6f, Flip Stick, and Fun. Any thoughts from creek boaters that have play boats? I'm 5'10" and 155lbs.

I once saw a bumper sticker on the Ark that said "Friends don't let friends play boat". Kind of funny. Should I just keep the Inazone and say to hell with a play boat?

·
Registered
986 Posts
I think if you are getting a playboat might as well get a real one and not a river runner, you can paddle a lot of good whitewater in a playboat and I kind of think they make big water runs more fun because you get pushed around so much. That being said you can still playboat in a inazone and if your main focus is creek boating just save the money for when you break your creek boat (hey we live in colorado).
-Tom

·
Registered
989 Posts
Werd. You can run most or all of the stuff you don't use your creekboat for in a straight up playboat. Especially newer playboats with lots of volume for aerial tricks. Everybody has a preference, just paddle some and pick one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts