Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get two of rocket box slings for a 14' Trib. Has anyone found a lighter plastic dry box that fits the dimensions of the Down River Rocket Box Sling or equivalent? The boxes would expect to see the occasional footprint. Top loading would also be preferred like a rocket box. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Engel 19 quart cooler/dry boxes. A little wider than a rocker box but not by much.

In the rear bay I have a 30mm rocket box (painted white, 1" wider than a standard rocket box) and an engel.
Boat Water Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Sports equipment Natural environment

·
Registered
130 Posts
I like everything DRE makes but the Rocket Box Sling and the Water Jug Sling have plastic buckles that are way under-built, I would not trust these to stay rigged during a flip with the rocket boxes full and heavy or the water jug full. Just an FYI, they should have done these with a normal cam strap design, not a cheapo plastic buckle. Both of mine have an NRS strap on them now, not very convenient or quick to rig.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I like everything DRE makes but the Rocket Box Sling and the Water Jug Sling have plastic buckles that are way under-built, I would not trust these to stay rigged during a flip with the rocket boxes full and heavy or the water jug full. Just an FYI, they should have done these with a normal cam strap design, not a cheapo plastic buckle. Both of mine have an NRS strap on them now, not very convenient or quick to rig.
Stitchesnstuff also sell a rocket box sling but it has real cam straps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking to get two of rocket box slings for a 14' Trib. Has anyone found a lighter plastic dry box that fits the dimensions of the Down River Rocket Box Sling or equivalent? The boxes would expect to see the occasional footprint. Top loading would also be preferred like a rocket box. Thanks for the info!
The large ecosafe tanks make decent rocket box sized dry boxes. Access isn't as good but they stay dry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good to know. I think I can do a retro on these ones, they are fine, the buckles are just... not for rafting really
Speaking of DRE buckles, I popped an oar and my DRE leash buckle broke. The female side is metal, the male side is plastic which gave way. Time for some new leashes.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Speaking of DRE buckles, I popped an oar and my DRE leash buckle broke. The female side is metal, the male side is plastic which gave way. Time for some new leashes.
Yeah I ended up with these but now I wish I had something different. Even the NRS ones are way more solid

1 - 11 of 11 Posts