Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dad sold those guys airplanes and flew with them once upon a year. He said they really should not have been flying that airplane up there at those altitudes. The airplane was an older, slower plane and did not make a whole lot of power.

But if you gotta go, go out doing something you love.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Sounds kinda like the way the old guys died in Second Hand Lions, I would way rather go out like that than at an old folks home.

·
Registered
331 Posts
liquidchaos is a dumbass

Yeah, "cool"... Just like when people leave ropes in rapids (same canyon ironicly) that could cause a kayaker to drown and when the fisherman find the skeleton say: "cool".

My Girlfriend lives in Pueblo and knew Mr. Courtright, a dentist in Pueblo.

liquidchaos said:
I heard it was two guys who were taking a then and know pic of the railroad and found the plane and the skeletons :? cool...

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dads reference to that plane was not to fly that airplane at those altitudes. The plane was a 1953 Piper Tri-Pacer (before the Piper Cherokee). It was a 135hp engine, 4 seater that was like driving a Ford Festiva up the hills on I-70. The plane was slow, had a fixed gear and sure as hell did not have the juice to climb out of trouble.

Its very possible they got into some bumps or a wind shear that got them into trouble. My dad said they had plenty of seat time, but its very possible that they made some mistakes, just like being on the river. [/i]

·
Registered
499 Posts
I showed the 9news link to my roommate, a pilot, he sez if that plane flew next to the interstate at its full speed trucks would be passing it...

·
Registered
851 Posts
As we paddled in to Gore about 11am today, we watched as a helicopter came off the river left wall at Gore rapid and flew up the canyon with a wrecked plane in tow underneath. Not a site you see everyday.

hobie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts