Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to Colorado from Costa Rica last September. I enjoy freestyle kayaking and am looking for places close to Fort Collins. If anyone knows of some freestyle holes in Fort Collins or nearby please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Me too!

I am also looking for some places to surf/playboat around Ft.Collins and Loveland- where I live. Lets get out sometime (today is good for me) once we figure out where to go! Please call me at 615-631-2354. Thanks!

Ben Jordan

·
Registered
774 Posts
Good one, Fort Collins and playboating are synonymous. Don't be fooled by locals telling you the Poudre has good freestyle. It's only good if you like to front surf and spin.

Lyons is good right now and worth the drive, a little higher and a good hole with bad eddy access comes in in the Middle Narrows, 2.5 to 3.3 on the rock have all been good.

·
Registered
444 Posts
~4 feet, there is an okay (I think it is fun) wave with eddy service in the last rapid before the beach in Poudre Park. Short window, but worth it if it's in.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I just moved to Colorado from Costa Rica last September. I enjoy freestyle kayaking and am looking for places close to Fort Collins. If anyone knows of some freestyle holes in Fort Collins or nearby please let me know. Thanks

Play boating in Ft Collins now that is funny :p...

I have been told for years that most Ft Collins boaters dont even own a playboat!!

Listen to nathan and good luck..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts