Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Buzzards have a bet, or "guesstimate", on how long it will take to row a loaded raft from Loma to Black Rocks, and from Black Rocks to Westwater, at this current flow? Any real beta or tongue-in-cheek comments will do.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Guessing 5 hours to BR, then 2.5 hrs to Westy. Flow and wind dependent. Less in a kayak if you slightly paddle, and more in a raft if you don't row.

·
Registered
279 Posts
two months ago it took me about 12 hrs to float straight through fruita to westwater no real paddling. cutch is close i would add about 1-1.5 hours onto the times

·
Registered
169 Posts
We launched at Loma around 10:20 PM and got to BR #2 at 3:00 AM. Loaded boat, kept moving but no all out rowing.

Beautiful under the moon. The tail slapping beavers sure can scare the s%*t out of you though!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We launched at Loma around 10:20 PM and got to BR #2 at 3:00 AM. Loaded boat, kept moving but no all out rowing.

Beautiful under the moon. The tail slapping beavers sure can scare the s%*t out of you though!
Toni,

We must have been on the same water, not that that can actually happen, but it took us about the same time. The water in RH and WW this past week was great! Here's to the end of an incredible water season! Cheers!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Fantasic season! Our last few trips through RH and WW had no wind...that's never happened to me before!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
We were also on the same flows as Tony. On October 14th we did a night run in 10' kayaks and paddled a nice steady pace. Launched at 12:30pm and arrived at Blackrocks at 3:30pm. Slept till 8:30, launched from BR at 9, and made it to the ranger station at 10:30am in time for a Westy run. So much more peaceful than the Westwater Ranger Station on a Friday night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts