Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Piedra, upper and lower would be worth trying at this low of water, 407 cfs?

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I've done the lower stretch as low as 500-600, after a rain in October. It's creeky and fairly fun, but there's no way that makes it worth putting in on the upper section, which is your only option until the gate is unlocked. If there was any water to launch at the put-in (doubtful), you would quickly find yourself hiking your boat in what would amount to a VERY long day. Possibly a multi-day survival hike, in fact.

Give it a few more weeks.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I wouldn't reccomend running it until the guage reads around 1000...upper section will probably only have 800 or less at that level. Anything else and you'll be walking it like Flaco said. It did hit 1000 yesterday morning for a brief period of time though (but it was raining pretty hard down here at the time)...but the weather is looking bright and sunny for the weekend, so it might go, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to risk it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll have to wait, anybody want to go climbing at Devils Tower instead? call me at 303-547-6231 before 6pm if you want to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts