Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in doing the Piedra this weekend? My boyfriend and I would like to go. We were also considering the Lower Taos Box in NM.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like most people are interested in Sunday. Ibyakin and I haven't done the Piedra before, so I'm not sure where a good place to meet is. 4Corners?

We'd like to boat on Saturday too...any takers for the lower box?

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
I dont know if there's another road to access the midway point or not but the road was closed at the takeout the other day. Seemed to me it was all or nothin, could be wrong though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i am planning on camping out the takeout sat. night. lower piedra campground. would like to hook up there if possible. just got some beta from 4corners and road to 2 nd box is closed. have to ruun the whole thing. should plan on a whole day with an early start is what it sounds like.

·
Registered
429 Posts
4CRS, Bayfield or the takeout work for me... anybody have a shuttle bunny? Could possibly have one if people are willing to throw down a couple of bucks a piece.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I am out...going to Escalante.
There is no intermediate road and the lower road is not open yet. Figure 4-5 hours on the river plus shuttle. Shuttle bunnies are worth it big time and save about 3 hours of brain damage and a shitton of $3.50/gallon gas!

Zion narrows next weekend!!!!!!

-rg

·
Registered
183 Posts
i'm still in. i am willing to throw down some dinero for a shuttle bunny and looking forward to a fullday of paddling. still planning on camping at the takeout.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had a change of plans, so I won't be able to do the Piedra one-day trip. I got a change to jump on someone else's two-day trip, so I'm going to go with that so I can boat both days.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've got a crew planning to show up at the takeout at around 10. Not sure on a shuttle bunny yet, but still a posibility

1 - 13 of 13 Posts