Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that people are happy with rowframe.com frames judging from posts on MB. Anyone care to link some pix of a raft frame he built? His site has diagrams, but not much in the way of photos. Thanks!

edit - I did find this thread. Additional pix, particularly of frames with bends would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got one he built for me and oars. They are great. I have yet to get it on the water but the frame is as good or better than others out there. Very beefy. I'll post some pics soon if I can remember to down load the pics from my phone. I'm in the process of decking the frame right now. He is a great guy and very reasonable.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think my tubes weren't blown up so it looks like it's not wide enough... I went to the NRS website and got all the specs for my boat, emailed them to Rowframe, he drew up some frame ideas, I double checked it all, and voila, he made it..

You bet.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I found that the widths on NRS' website are a little narrow when paired with Gary's in-line towers. They are set up to accommodate NRS' oar towers that add a few extra inches of width to the oarlocks. Not too big a deal, but when I was setting up my E136, NRS recommended 60" but Mark at AAA recommended going to the outside of the chaffer which measured 66".

Gary leaves some width available under the black rubber caps. if you are getting your oars pinched when you try to raise the blades (lower the handles) you can remove the caps and slide your outer frame rails to take up the extra width, then put your towers at closer to the recommended 24 degrees out.

I had the same double rail rowframe frame on my last boat, and it worked out great. Gary knows his stuff.

·
Registered
427 Posts
You can easily build your own frame if you know what you're doing but yes, Gary indeed knows his stuff and his frames are Clavey/DRE/AAA/NRS quality for way less $. He is also cool enough to tell you to try to do it yourself to learn the knowledge but he will build you a bad ass frame cheaper than anyone else. His advice helped me build a good 4 bay for gear hauling. I used cheap drop bags and cheap plywood as well as cheap fence pipe to complete this cheap frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
4 bay frame with decking

This is my 4 bay from Gary at row frame on my 14 ft
Just finished my decking templates and will use this year and then will be buying marine poly board or similar next season to be permanent.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I also have a 4 bay frame but by Gary at RowFrame.com. No need to really post pictures, it looks just like all the others you have seen from DRE/AAA/ext. The major differences between his frame and one you would get from DRE is that I believe DRE uses bent tubing on the corners that is then pinned into the frame while Gary uses regular T fittings that are pinned. Also Gary uses non-anodized aluminum compared to the NRS/DRE anodized. I believe he has a section on his website that talks about the difference. Anodized rubs off after a while anyway.

Gary also built me a sweet stern frame seat mount for fishing or for mounting a motor. My entire frame plus delivery was incredibly cheap, I think it was 50%-60% less than I was quoted at the raft shops around CO. Plus he delivered it. Im pretty happy with it.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts