Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
what kind of camera are using to get shots with this quick of a sequence?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am using a Canon 20D - it shoots at 5 frames per second. It is an great camera, and Cannon just announced its successor, the 40D (yeah there was a 30D too, but it wasn't much of an upgrade), which shoots at 6.5 fps for about $1300 plus lenses. There is always new gear to drool over. It also means that a used 20D can be had for something like $500-$700. The only real bummer about these is that they need to live in a Peli case and that makes it hard to grab quick shots. The little Pentax Optio's are pretty cool alternatives, but you don't get anywhere near the quality especially in dim light, or the frame rate.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
i changed from the optio to some olympus after my wife crushed the optio. For some reason we are on a streak of crushing stuff. I knew it had to be a higher end camera, nice shots.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Sure which we had that camera going on my route down the professor. Good shots. Had a great time going and safety boating you and the crew Sean. I'll try to get photo's out tonight or tomorrow.

Josh

·
Registered
846 Posts
I think someone was taking photos at the scouting/safety rock below tunnel on saturday with a 20D/30D of me (orange burn) and Kato (yellow pocket rocket). If that is you, I would love to see the shots. Cheers!

·
Greg, I got to say that if you were trying to pull off the maneuvers in a kayak that can be performed on a raft, and then photograph it, it's no wonder that your camera got crushed.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
you guys are funny, it was nothing exciting. it was on par with me running over my kayak bag and crushing my helmet. i do however like where you guys are heading a lot better than my version.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts