Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a so-so open boater and can be best described in rafting terms as a princess, but I had what will probably be my one great rafting moment on June 27 on the Grand Canyon at Crystal. Long story short, I high-sided as we caught the edge of the first hole, looked back to thank my husband for not flipping the cat, and saw his feet disappearing over the side. I grabbed the mercy strap, leapt into the oar seat, finished the rapid and avoided the rock garden (husband was hanging on to the back of the raft, hollering helpful instructions like "forget camp [Lower Crystal]; don't hit the island!") and got us into an eddy, where I started hyperventilating. We self-rescued, but not without considerable concern on shore and a big show for a commercial group who apparently caught photos and videos. Considering that the best I'd done before that was row Nankoweap (poorly), I'd really like to see photos and video. The commercial group was large--30 carp?--in yellow paddle rafts. If you know the commercial group or anyone on it, please get in touch with me here. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts