Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paddling the Numbers this weekend (number 5), I noticed the potosbythenumbers.com billboard. More like, how could you not notice!

I realize these folks are trying to build a successful business and I wish them the best, but I think they could be a little more conscientious and creative then posting a river front billboard. :evil: I think this is a slippery slope and bad precedent.

I decided to send them a nice email regarding this. Am I out of line here? :?

·
Registered
316 Posts
You are not alone on this. Part of the appeal off a whitewater trip is not just the adrenaline but getting awy from all of that crap.

I appreciate the efforts to build a business too but most people are pretty smart. If they see a photographer on the bamk and they want a photo they will hunt it down.

benrodda

·
Registered
85 Posts
I met the guy who is doing this on Brown's a month or so back and his in laws own the land that the sign is posted on is my understanding. He was really nice and interested in boating, but didn't seem to know much about it. I would just ask if you email him you keep it nice and informative, since this guy seemed really genuine and interested in offering a service to boaters and making a little cash. He was definitely more of a hobby photographer trying to make a go of it. Esp since they own the land by #5 be nice and keep relations good. I don't he would mind your pointing it out though as he seemed really interested in learning a little more about boating. When I met him I had not seen the "billboard"

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He did respond back to my "nice" email. He said his hands are tied by AHRA on how to promote his business and this was the only way to get the word out. Why not do what Colorado Whitewater photography does, put brochures on windshields?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts