Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my wife and I are in a debate over which is better fashionably; to wear clothes over your wetsuit or not. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
If your trying to be fashionable then dont wear a wetsuit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After rereading my initial post I figured I would receive a fair amount don't wear the wetsuit. So here are some more details, my wife likes to wear her ultra jane wetsuit anytime the temp is below 60 degrees but she does not like to wear shorts over the bottom half. This perplexes me as then it looks kind of like I am going rafting with aquawoman, so then we got in a debate about wearing shorts over the wetsuit. We decided to let the mtnbuzz community solve the debate.

Vote for Shorts over wetsuit or for No Shorts over wetsuit.

·
Registered
323 Posts
who the hell wears clothes over a wetsuit, or for that matter under a wetsuit? she must be very concerned about what she is showing through the suit.

·
Registered
107 Posts
backwardsraft, backwardsraft, backwardsraft... When will you ever learn? If you are married to a woman who enjoys engaging in riversport with you, she gets to wear whatever the hell she wants to.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Not going to get a straight answer from me. When I'm rowing I wear spash pants or nothing over my wetsuit, depending on just how cold it is. But as a paddler, either capitan or crew, I wear cut-offs. I find that my ass slips around on the tubes less with the added traction of the jeans material.

Butt for the fashion conscious it seems pretty obvious that the shorts should complement the paddling jacket and/or PFD.
But really, how badly do you want to win this argument? If I had a woman who wanted to raft with me often I'd let her wear what ever she wanted, even a wonderwoman, supergirl, ar catwoman outfit, and be proud to be seen with her.

·
Super Moderator
2,900 Posts
Need a couple more date points for comparison.

Such as:

your wifes bottom without clothes.

same with wetsuit underlayer

same with wetsuit.

same with wetsuit and exterior shorts

That would be the only way we can make an informed and accurate judgement for you.

·
Registered
846 Posts
That's not a philosophical question. Such questions might be: does a wetsuit exist? How do you know, because it makes you feel warm? What are feelings and how do you know they are real? What is existence?

No shorts.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I actually got into this same debate with an x last season. I'm always wear my board shorts over my wetsuit bottom. I really have no good reason for this other then when working as a guide back in PA it made you look less like a customer. I also use the pocket in my board shorts to hold my truck key and a clif bar typically.

As for the x I refereed to. She had nothing to carry, and got a kick out of how ridiculous she looked without the board shorts. Like as stated above, I quickly ended the debate because my lady was getting on the water with me. That trumped all. Unfortunately, I didn't end up keeping around for future trips. Maybe the next one...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Definitely NO shorts (or anything) else (other than PFD) over the wetsuit. I put my keys in the pocket on my vest or in a dry bag.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts