Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Beginner
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just booked our flight to Peru for 4/20 to 5/8. Where should we raft during the Andean autumn? We wouldn't mind doing a commercial multi-day or just day trips. An outfitter in the Cusco area with on site camping would be perfect. I'd also like to paddle an IK some if outfitters have them down there.

Any beta would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Randy ,

Checkout PeruWhitewater.com or Sierra Rios . or you could probably contact Kurt Casey by email.

Not taking your Force? Too much to lug around?Airline fees?It is nice to have your own boat.No idea what the seasons are.Looks like Greg and Rocky met up with Kurt and others and bagged several 1st D's in late Feb. 2014.Checkout the list of 1st D's on PeruWhitewater quite a few names Buzzards will recognize.

·
Beginner
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cayo! I want to bring the Force, but too much hassle unless someone down there wants to buy it...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cusco? Be sure to check out the Apurimac for a multi day. Excellent river. Great rapids, deep canyon. I did some hard shell safety boating down there for a raft trip, not sure about what's going on in the IK scene. I had hoped to run the Colca as well but couldn't fit it in my trip schedule (hiked it instead). Have fun exploring!

-Bruce

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey Randle, have you looked into the maranon? It would take up the majority of your trip, but it looks sweeeeet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts