Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to apologise to everyone that I have been sarcastic to. Gary and Green wall, and any others. I am going to keep my posts helpful from now on. That is what this site is supposed to be for.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I just decided that I was being a jerk and that doesn't do anybody any good. When I started running rivers years ago people where really helpful and Friendly. Then as the years went by their is all this tension between rafters and kayakers and guides and privateers and I forgot we are all just floating down a river together because that is what we love to do.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
One of the best things about the Buzz is diversity of thought. You have your point of view and your delivery. Maybe we don't always have the best approach for everyone. Hell nobody is perfect. But if you change your behaviors, I hope its based on personal growth of who you want to be and not the pressure of those who get all upset and offended way too easy.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a little of both. I am pretty thick skinned. Some get bent out of shape pretty easily. This is also for personal growth. I see people all over not willing to help. That is not me. But being a sarcastic ass hiding behind a keyboard is no way to be either.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I think a huge problem with forums is it is way to easy to misinterpret what someone is saying. Dry humor and sarcasm which is in good jest is often taken as mean or derogatory. It is too easy to see someone with negative motives when that's not the case.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
570 Posts
We should all try and do this more often.

It is a good leadership technique as well as an apology humanizes you which helps create space for healthy report.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is good solid advice. Except for swank and condor.:p

·
Registered
385 Posts
If you felt like you were being rude than there is nothing wrong with an apology. Any little bitch can be an asshole, especially on the internet where there are no real world repercussions. It is much more difficult to be gracious and to humble oneself. Mark of a gentleman in my opinion.

·
Registered
251 Posts
OK now that I've stirred the hornets nest.

Props on the apology and if I got anyone's Haynes in a bunch today I also apologize.

Cheers all.

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
Good on ya, don't think i ever read anything to bad of yours on the buzz, at least by comparison, but hiding behind a key board just being an ass just kinda sucks, this forum should be helpful, not a bunch of bozoes with computer's. Heck, you could even say it takes a real man to admit when he's wrong, or at least an adult.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks also to Todd, Swank, and Matt, I am going to keep it helpful from here on out.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Although I admit. I'm not sure I can avoid being sarcastic. But.. there is a way of doing everything, even being sarcasti, that's still in good nature and helpful and professional.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Being sarcastic seems to be in my nature. Could be all these years of being married to my sarcastic wife. But I will blame myself because I don't try and lay my faults off on other people. There is already to much of that going around.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts