Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any resources out there for the permit process for next summer's rafting season? I know the time to apply for permits occurs around this time of year, but am not sure where to look. This past summer was my first rafting season, and I did Deso, westwater, and a bunch of local runs in CO. This year I want to check out getting some permits and maximize my time on the water. I'm not sure what the process is and where to apply, and would love to know other stretches of river to apply for. Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
John a group effort for permits for higher success

Are there any resources out there for the permit process for next summer's rafting season? I know the time to apply for permits occurs around this time of year, but am not sure where to look. This past summer was my first rafting season, and I did Deso, westwater, and a bunch of local runs in CO. This year I want to check out getting some permits and maximize my time on the water. I'm not sure what the process is and where to apply, and would love to know other stretches of river to apply for. Thanks.
You may want to consider this group effort. These permits are near 100% utilized and have a significantly higher probability of success than a solo effort.....and you can meet like minded folk

·
Registered
276 Posts
What is the fine if you don't have a permit and run the Selway? It's strange that one private launch one day and the next day a guide launch...is that how it works? If so that is wrong.

·
Registered
540 Posts
What is the fine if you don't have a permit and run the Selway? It's strange that one private launch one day and the next day a guide launch...is that how it works? If so that is wrong.
A couple buddies of mine jumped on another friend's permit who couldn't actually make the trip a couple years ago, they left a note at Paradise, and got to talk to the ranger when they got to Race Creek. $150/person for being non-permit holding. You could always do an early season run before May 15, but you need to be off the river by the end of the day May 14.

·
Registered
276 Posts
2% draw vs $150 fine? I would have though a thousandish and confiscate gear. Crazy. Ya preseason is when I'll run it if I don't draw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts