Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what most of you like to use a larger pelican case for, other than for Camera Gear? I have had a Pelican 1300 case for years on the river and it has been awesome in replacing the old metal 50mil ammo can. I can keep all my odds and ends in it. But I recently got an amazing deal on a storm case i2300 and I'm thinking I could use it for a number of things. Rescue, First Aid, etc...So i thought i would throw this out there on the buzz and see what river runners are using larger cases for primarily. Obviously people will use these for camera gear and video. But I'm thinking other than that.....whatcha think?

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
Miscelanius mood enhancers, extra whiskey, groover reading materials, spare firearm, more ammo and a pictue of a naked Bea Auther

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I am wondering what most of you like to use a larger pelican case for, other than for Camera Gear? I have had a Pelican 1300 case for years on the river and it has been awesome in replacing the old metal 50mil ammo can. I can keep all my odds and ends in it. But I recently got an amazing deal on a storm case i2300 and I'm thinking I could use it for a number of things. Rescue, First Aid, etc...So i thought i would throw this out there on the buzz and see what river runners are using larger cases for primarily. Obviously people will use these for camera gear and video. But I'm thinking other than that.....whatcha think?
I use a big pelican 1550 for bread and stuff you don't want damp or crushed. Also use one for a repair box, one for an unpin kit, etc.
I've got about 10 of them

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Camera, repair kit, First Aid kit.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I bought a pelican storm 2700. I just can't find a good use for it on a raft. Or anywhere actually. It is a weird big flat size. It was a really good deal, but only if I find a use for it.

It is bigger than any bay on my boats. It would hold way more than I need for a day box. It is too heavy to justify it for bread and other fragile foods.

It could easily hold first aid, repair, electronics, and a ton of other stuff with room left over but the shape of it does not lend itself to my rigging style.

On the other hand I have a smaller pelican (2200?) that I use constantly. It is my captain's box. Perfectly water tight, fits in my frame nicely, opens super fast and holds just what I need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts