Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning,

We are trying to create an informative webpage about Partner Steel Cooking Equipment. There is a lot of info out there but we want to bring it into one easy accessible place This page will have anything from tips and tricks, to pictures, videos and reviews. I know a lot of you guys use Partner Steel Stoves and gear. If you have anything you would like to share with us as we create this info page let me know. A few ideas of what we are looking for

• Tips and Tricks
  • Recipes
  • Photos of your gear in action
  • Video Reviews
  • Blog Posts
  • Written Reviews
  • Design ideas
  • Creative Ideas
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,900 Posts
Did you mean to place this in the Rafting Gear section?

I know of your stoves that would tend to be very rafting oriented instead of kayaking.

The kayakers will be along shortly to throw a hissy fit that this doesn't have anything to do with kayaking unless you make some product I am not aware of.

Let me know if you want it moved or use the little red and white triangle to report it to all the moderators.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I am a kayaker, rafter, canoer, hiker, car camper and the list goes on.

Been using Partner Steel products in all these sports.

I do not think most kayakers will throw a "hissy fit" over a web site giving tips on how to better use a truly great product.

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
I live packing my four burner partner stove into the back of my kayak for self support.

-Dave
(Seven two 0) 298-2242

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I own two Partner dry boxes, a two burner take apart stove, two mini griddles, and their small two piece fire pan. Love them all. Well made products. I have been in their shop, and watched them assemble the stoves. Great folks. I'd have to say the fire pan is my favorite product. I took the example that another buzzard posted several years ago and had them weld one inch hex nuts to the bottom and of fire pan in order to use bolts as legs to elevate the FP and make it more stable. I hate heavy fire pans with a passion, and now I have a great FP that collapses smaller for packing, weighs less, and is off the ground. It was used by friends on the GC last summer and passed inspection. Here's a picture.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Carrying my P/S 4 burner stove on my Kayak for self support turned into a real hassle.

So, I got a P/S 2 burner for kayak use, much easier to pack.

When I raft or truck camp, I can have both at hand and have burners to spare for coffee and dish washing water.

·
Registered
676 Posts
i would add stuff about the firepans. i bought a partner fire pan for a MFS trip, and the two-piece collapsible unit is awesome, especially with the bolts for legs and the expanded metal for cooking surface. my tripmates were impressed.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
A friend made these grill tops for my fire pan. They're nice. You can use one or both depending on what & how many you're cooking. They do add a bit of weight however, so I leave them home if no one is grilling. I think, for the size, weight, and price, this is an awesome fire pan with the added leg option.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wood love to see Partner Steel make a 1 burner stove for sea/touring kayaks that would use a regular small propane bottle. Not this disposable ones! Can't find one like it on the market!

·
Super Moderator
2,900 Posts
I am a kayaker, rafter, canoer, hiker, car camper and the list goes on.

Been using Partner Steel products in all these sports.

I do not think most kayakers will throw a "hissy fit" over a web site giving tips on how to better use a truly great product.
Just trying to keep posts in the appropriate place. See kayak humor below about 4 burner stoves in kayaks. But truly what Partner steel would use in a kayak or backpacking? I will go the website but I unaware of any.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Oh, and please, please, please put a suggested retail price next to your stuff. I absolutely hate that. Its fine in I have to buy it from a third party, though silly, but not getting the basic info from your site unhelpful and discouraging.

I'm not trying to be negative. I absolutely LOVE your products! I love that I can go down to DRE and get my hands on a number of your products before ordering them.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I think folks are missing the point a little. The OP is a retailer that sells PS stuff in Pokie, ID. Not the actual PS supplier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A friend made these grill tops for my fire pan. They're nice. You can use one or both depending on what & how many you're cooking. They do add a bit of weight however, so I leave them home if no one is grilling. I think, for the size, weight, and price, this is an awesome fire pan with the added leg option.
That is awesome. I really like that idea. Do you know what he used? It would be awesome to have a "Customized Partner Steel Section" on our page where we could let people show stuff like this grill and the bolts. Brilliant ideas. Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wood love to see Partner Steel make a 1 burner stove for sea/touring kayaks that would use a regular small propane bottle. Not this disposable ones! Can't find one like it on the market!
Are you talking about fitting like the 1 lbs Coleman bottles. I guess those are disposable. What type of bottle would you like it to fit? The one burner is a good idea. We have a great relationship with Partner Steel, if you don't mind, I shoot that idea their way.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I think folks are missing the point a little. The OP is a retailer that sells PS stuff in Pokie, ID. Not the actual PS supplier.
Yeah, bought my Partner Steel stove from Element this spring or I wouldn't have noticed that tidbit. Doubt they are gonna add a link to other outfitters :p

Phillip

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Phillip,

You are correct, we do sell the stuff. But we want to create this to connect people to this brand. Of course we would love it if people buy from us. If not, creating a community around Partner Steel is good too. They are here in our town and if we can help support their business, whether through us, or somewhere else, then it's a good thing.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Phillip,

You are correct, we do sell the stuff. But we want to create this to connect people to this brand. Of course we would love it if people buy from us. If not, creating a community around Partner Steel is good too. They are here in our town and if we can help support their business, whether through us, or somewhere else, then it's a good thing.
That is awfully generous and an admirable philosophy. Best of luck with your endeavor.

Phillip

·
Registered
16 Posts
One tip - keep an E string (the highest/thinnest string) from a guitar in your stove repair kit. Even if you don't play guitar ask a friend to save you a couple inch section the next time they change strings. Used it several times out in the field to clear debris in a nonfunctioning jet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts