Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for somebody to join me for kayaking tomorrow, Saturday, 7/25, somewhere in Western Colorado. I would be interested in going to one of the whitewater parks in Montrose or Glenwood, but I would also be up for a class I to possibly light class III float. I have a relatively solid flat water roll; I have been to the Montrose whitewater park once (surfed a little); and, the hardest float I have done is the Colorado between Grizzly Creek and Two Rivers Park, which was probably class II. Interested?

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'm looking for somebody to join me for kayaking tomorrow, Saturday, 7/25, somewhere in Western Colorado. I would be interested in going to one of the whitewater parks in Montrose or Glenwood, but I would also be up for a class I to possibly light class III float. I have a relatively solid flat water roll; I have been to the Montrose whitewater park once (surfed a little); and, the hardest float I have done is the Colorado between Grizzly Creek and Two Rivers Park, which was probably class II. Interested?
Just go to Montrose, there will be people at the park all day long that you can paddle with and learn from.

Have fun with it!

·
tytanr
116 Posts
If you don't make it to Montrose tomorrow. I may get out on a town run and check out 29 road and 5th street waves. Then will be heading over to the Taylor to paddle on Sunday. If interested in the town run call or text me at (two 1 zero-3 five 6 nine)

Ty

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just give me a call before you leave Junction and I will take you down our town run which goes thru the whitewater park. It is the perfect training run for beginner kayakers, with easy class II rapids and good paddling features, all in a short fun 3 mile section easily done in 1 hr. Would gladly do several runs with you to help develop paddling skills, this is a perfect learning river. Give me a jingle, Gunther at 970-497-6512. Ty Tanner is my paddling buddy, so either way, but the Montrose town run is really more active and likely a better learning stretch of river.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ty and Gunther,

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your offers, and I'm sorry for the delayed response. Tomorrow, I will head down to Montrose, but I would definitely be interested in Junction runs on other days.

I will try to leave Grand Junction by 11:30 am at the latest. That means that I should get down to Montrose by 1 pm. Gunther, would you still be willing to take me on that run? I'm sorry for getting down there so late, but my pets had a run-in with a bat over the last day and need rabies boosters in the morning. I'm sorry for not calling, but I don't feel that I should call this late at night. I will be up by 8 am, and I will check this message board in the morning. You can reach me at 626-437-0357, and I will plan to call you around the time when I leave Grand Junction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts