Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey Brian, I've got some great contacts for you down there. Did 2-3 weeks in Boquette, Chiriqui last Oct.-Nov, which is the best time to go for whitewater. John Miller from Nantahala Outdoor Center is the man for kayaking, works with Hector Sanchez of Chiriqui River Rafting in Boquette and sets up trips down there. Great rivers, lots of quality class IV and some steep, technical but fun Cali-style class V. Best of all is good variety. I brought a super EZ and borrowed an H3 for the steep stuff. If you can't get ahold of John thru NOC, zap an email back and I'll dig out his numbre/email for you. Kind of busy at the moment. But definitely don't hesitate to go. I thought it was better than Costa Rica and so did my friends. Viva Panama!

[email protected]

·
Registered
163 Posts
Brian,

When do you plan on going? I've been trying to figure out a fall trip for myself. I used to work at NOC and was thinking of making the trip to Chirique and staying at the Sanchez Farm. Haven't talked to anyone at NOC this year to find out who and when they'll be there and alittle worried about getting down there and not having anyone to paddle with or split the shuttle $$.

Mike
970-485-2996

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Brian and Mike,

My plans are still a little up in the air, but I am also considering a tropical trip or two this winter. I am hesitant to make definitive plans this early because I have a hurt back that I need to let heal, but I am optimistic that I could be paddling again by September/October. If you want to discuss plans let me know, or just keep me in the loop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We have a group headind down to Boquette on the 18th of Oct. and staying untill mid Nov. Plan on a couple weeks of paddling and will be heading to the coast for a week or so for some surfing. If any of you plan on being down near Boquette around mid Oct. early Nov. would be great to hook up and paddle/split shuttle cost. We have also been looking into maybe renting a house/condo for the 3-4 weeks, pretty cheap, but would be even cheaper with more people.

Scott
970-390-1390

1 - 6 of 6 Posts