Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to paint some sort of design on my WRSI, spice it up a little bit. Does anyone know the best paint to use on a WRSI? Or if anything works at all?

Liz

·
Registered
420 Posts
I wanted to paint some sort of design on my WRSI, spice it up a little bit. Does anyone know the best paint to use on a WRSI? Or if anything works at all?

Liz
I would think that you'd be able to use some airbrushing with a few coats of clear-coat over it to protect the paint. As far a specifics, I can't help ya much.

I have a buddy, local artist here in C-Springs do a custom paint job on my first helmet; a pro-tec when I first started boating a couple years back, came out pretty good. He's got a pic of me with my helmet on his webpage, with some other work he's done. Also has another custom airbrushed helmet on there too, I looks like some kind of construction workers helmet.

Here's his site if you wanna check it out, maybe email him and see if he can give yousome advice?
Photo Gallery

Here's another link to some more of his work:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind....viewPicture&friendID=39351182&albumId=925039

- Alex

·
Kayak/SUP Instructor
1,332 Posts
I did some on my Wife's WRSI. Just about anything sticks to them, but anything also scratches off somewhat easily. It's definitely not bombproof but if you take reasonable care it should last a few seasons.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you want to do it yourself, I would use acryllic paint. You can find any color under the sun at an art supply or craft store. I did a little design on my helmet and it has held fast for two years now.

Just my opinion but I don't think clear coat would look right on a WRSI because they use a matte finish for most (maybe all) of their colors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts