Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be boating the Rogue River with several rafters and a ducky or two during the July 4th week. I've never been on this river and am hoping to get some advice as to whether or not I should kayak it or just hop into a raft for the trip. I just started kayaking on a consistent basis last season and am comfortable on Class II-III rapids (mostly). I've never boated a class IV and have just started combat rolling in Class III water. I'm concerned that this river is going to be above my ability level, although paddling outside if my comfort zone will only make me a better paddler, right?! Any advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
813 Posts
My mom could do it

From your description of your skills you be fine. My mom who had never boated did it in a ducky. You will regret not bringing your boat. The water is warm. If you do not kayak at least hop in a ducky. Just remember to not go through the fence.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Had a bunch of newbie women ran most of it in a paddlecat. We threw the paddlecat on my gearhog through blossom. I've had friends do this in June, July, Aug and Sept at moderate flows. You should have little or no problems

1 - 3 of 3 Posts