Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who are interested and local to Chaffee Co and or are wanting to go paddling, the upper Arkansas River is almost 100% ice free above BV.

I know our local Elf Boater has been doing laps on the lower Numbers ( 4- 7 ) and Bob has been doing Piney / #'s runs too this week. It is 55 f and sunny as of today. We are off to the BV Play Park this afternoon to get some paddling in. Ice free and just as good as September flows. So if the skiing is not pleasing you, maybe a paddle would.

Of course the weather could change later in the week, but today looks awesome.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Did lower Browns today...short on time, or I would have done something closer to home or all of Browns...but it was clear, and really pretty warm for January. No ice in the river, some ice shelves in shady spots on the banks, and a little bit of ice on some of the rocks. There was a raft that was taking out from Browns when we were launching at 2ish, and they said it was clear....and had done it several times lately.

Beautiful day on the river. I would rather be skiing powder, but I will take what Mother Nature gives me.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Nice Logan. 4 thru 7 with D. and Mike from the Springs, "cold" weather out of play. Ice skirts on some of the rocks in there, beautiful.

Got some gopro footage...

Sunset, Turtle Head with the wife. A good day...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts