Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm likely heading to Panama, and wondering what the paddling situation might be around there in March, from the 21-27 or so. Which rivers, how far from Panama City, and how hard would it be to find a boat to demo? Any information sources that you'd recommend?

I appreciate any info.

cheers,
Brady

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have e-mails and phone numbers of an American with a company down there. He used to live/work in Costa Rica, but moved down to Panama and started an operation. Send me a private e-mail and I'll send you his info. How long are you going to be down here?

·
Registered
73 Posts
There are a lot of options for paddling down there. I was planning on being there right now but have postponed due to extremely low water, but there are still rivers you can paddle. If you want some contacts for people to boat with PM me.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Sounds like you can get some connections through these guys, but here's some general info I remember from a brief visit paddling there. Boquete is the main hub for paddling. We flew to David from Panama City (about 45 min flight) and drove to Boquete from there (another 45 min). Not sure how long the drive would take from Panama City but their roads were pretty good there (compared to say Costa Rica). The best time for paddling is during their rainy season - March is not it. However, I gather the larger drainage(s) near the Costa Rican border have enough water year round. That will be another hour+ west of Boquete area. Apparently there is some limited paddling near Panama City but I don't know anything about it.

I went w/ Boquete Outdoor Adventures - I gather they have a new owner now, but they can surely hook you up with a boat and info if nobody else can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts