Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just broke a paddle and have been shopping for a new paddle. Any beta on the pros and cons of Werner player-carbon vs fiberglass or info on the AT4. Durability, warranties, etc. Thanks. Its like buying a car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
AT4

I don't know much about the Werner paddles, but I am on my second AT4. I broke my first one after only a few days of paddling with it. I think it was a freak deal when it broke.
I took it back to CKS, they gave me a loaner and about a week later I had a brand new paddle from AT. It has been a good paddle since.
My only complaint is that the blades seem to be waring a little fast.

Later

CORN

·
Registered
132 Posts
As an alternative, check out a Woody Custom Paddle at www.woodycustompaddles.com. They're stronger than anything else out there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Get the Werner Bent Shaft

I have tried a lot of paddles over the years...carbon blade, glass blade, carbon shaft, glass shaft, straight shaft, bent shaft.

Carbon blades: A complete waste of $. They wear down too fast. The blades are black so they are easy to loose if you swim.
Straight shaft: Old school. Not ergo friendly.

I highly recommend getting a Werner carbon bent shaft with glass blades (get a bright color). Bent shaft feels very natural once you get used to it (1 day on the river) and you will never go back! The carbon shaft will save a little on weight. Also try a shorter length paddle. I have found this really helps to get your stroke vertical, both Creeking and at Play. I use a 196 (5'-11").

Phil

·
Registered
4 Posts
i agree with the guy before me on the bent shaft werner w/ glass blades. another thing you may want to consider trying out is a zero degree offset. it feels weird at first after paddling a 45, but it's great once you get used to it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts