Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a second year paddler looking for a good used boat. I'm currently boating with a Perception ARC, and I think that I'm out growing it. I'm looking for a shorter boat so that I can maneuver better but something with enough volume to run big water. Right now I've just been running rivers, but I would like to get into creeking by next season. I don't know very much about boats, but after browsing the forums, it looks like the Gus and Nomad are pretty good. I would like some more input on these boats and any other suggestions. I'm a 6'-3", 200lb, aggressive paddler looking for some help. Thanks!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
The Wavesport Diesel 75 would be a great boat for the description you gave. This boat is made to be a fast river runner and is very capable to creek with as well. Check out www.wavesport.com for more details and specs. I have a used one for sale if you are interested.

[email protected]

·
Registered
882 Posts
Depends on how much play you want.

You could go with a Wavesport BigEZ, Pyranha Inazone 240/242 or I3, or Dagger Outlaw if you want more play. If you want more speed and stability with some play still in there, go for a Wavesport Z or Riot Grind (same boat really). If you want straight-up downriver prowess, go for a Pyranha H3 255 or a Wavesport Diesel 75.

Only the H3 and Diesel are suitable for creeking, though. Since they aren't really the best for any real play and only Hercules can get these boats to squirt on an eddyline, most folks end up with two boats.

If you're interested, I've got a Riot Grind for sale, very cheap, just want to get it out of the basement. It was a hoot on Westwater and caught lotsa waves my playboats never did. Send me a PM if interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Go for Chad's Diesel

I think the Diesel would be sweet. I paddled mine last weekend and really like it a lot. I think it sounds perfect for you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts