Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3790cfs would be pretty intense for a noob on a paddleboard through there, right? Especially, with the water temp and weather being as cold as it has been lately? I have a buddy who is planning to go up there this weekend and I think I should steer him away, but I could just be getting old and grumpy.

·
Registered
538 Posts
3790cfs would be pretty intense for a noob on a paddleboard through there, right? Especially, with the water temp and weather being as cold as it has been lately? I have a buddy who is planning to go up there this weekend and I think I should steer him away, but I could just be getting old and grumpy.
Not that bad, but do Rancho to State Bridge instead. Yarmony is a bigger rapid on a paddleboard.

If he has right gear, cold should not matter. 3/2mm wet suit or drys suit with layers should be plenty and its suppose to be sunny and warm.

·
Registered
55 Posts
encourage him to do it. If he wants a safety Ill be on that strecth with my raft but he has to shuttle me back to my truck when were done!

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
Yarmony gets big at higher water levels, probly not the best plan, a bad plan to padle solo if you are a "noob" , IMO.

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
Heard yesterday from a friend, that was at state of the river meeting, that lake grandby will up releases by a 1000 in near future!:)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Saw a friend do it at 8500 in 2011 it was his first time, he got in a boat for the rapid(s). Very experienced boater new to SUP

·
Registered
207 Posts

Just walk the tracks if your not into running the meat

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I've SUP boarded Pumphouse to Radium but even at lower water every SUP boarder I've witnessed going through Yarmony has turned into a shit show.

I agree with everyone else, have him walk Yarmony and the rest will be fun!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts