Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Often imitated, never duplicated the 2005 PWTPs starts this weekend in Durango. Brad Ludden and myself, along with Luke and Dana will be at 4 Corners the 6th- the 8th. 4 Corners will be having their big swap Sat. and we will have the PWTPS event in the corner pocket area. Regardless of what you paddle head down for some fun on the Animas.
If you do want to try a new boat from Dagger, I will have the Crazy 88s, Juice, Mamba, as well as the Nomads to try out all day long Sat. and a few hours on Sun. If Valecito is running we will head there on Sunday afternoon to get some creekin' in too. Big weekend for sure. Rumor has it that Corey Nielson is throwing one of his classic margarita and croquet lawn parties. I have been to one but don't remember much.
Also want to mention the Reno River Fest the following weekend. Last year was the first year for the event and it ROCKED! We have a PWTPS event there also but in addition we will be heading back into California with some of Dagger's top pros for three days of creeking. ALL FOR FREE!
We can car pool and caravan from Reno Sunday after the comp. and be dropping waterfalls by Monday morning. It is going to be awesome so if you are going to be around it's a trip not to miss.

For questions about the 4 Corners/Dagger PWTPs or the 4 Corners swap call Tony @ (970) 259-3893 or email me below.

Paddle,

hobie
Dagger Kayaks
Paddle with the Pros
Rocky Mountain Division
[email protected]

P.S- bring an appetite to the 4 Corners swap as I will be cooking up free breakfast burritos all morning long :D .

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Durango Boaters,
How are the creeks looking bout' now? I got a call from some paddlers in Wy. that are thinking of heading down for the event and asked what was running creek wise.

hobie

·
Registered
374 Posts
Have not been down Vallecito yet this year, it is currently too low. I hear there is a river wide log DR from Bunny. Clearable at 1.9, but probably not higher. Wayne Chorter knows the Beta. That Ck. needs a saw and a rope.
Miller Ck. will probably be too low, unless you are desperate. I will post if it comes up to a more than truck dragging level.
There was a group that did the lower Rockwood box (V) yesterday, but I know little beta.
Falls Ck. will likely be too low.
NM or Escalante is probably where it is at this w/e.

Steve.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like Escalante on Sunday. It would be great if we can bomb down a couple runs. We are leaving Durango about 8am so we should be on the river by noon. See you there.

hobie
Dagger Kayaks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts