Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread tags onto the topic of bent vs straight shaft.

What do current generation paddler's use for waxes. I'm fairly retired these days from hard core boating but in my day people thought that surf board Sex Wax might work. It didn't. For myself I used Nordic Waxes finding Extra Blue and Purple to be best in Colorado. Although it was messy they worked supremely.

Are their waxes that work better than Nordic Waxes?

·
Registered
193 Posts
not a kayaker but i always use a little greenwax on my oartips. it works for skis too. makes the ride a lot smoother

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
What's wrong with sex wax? I've been using it for the last 10 years or so. I find you just need to get the correct compound for the water temperature. If you ever get nervous, sad, or lonely, you just sniff your paddle and it's like you're on the beach sipping a mai tai.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
What's wrong with sex wax? I've been using it for the last 10 years or so. I find you just need to get the correct compound for the water temperature. If you ever get nervous, sad, or lonely, you just sniff your paddle and it's like you're on the beach sipping a mai tai.
^^

I use hockey stick wax.
Pretty much the same thing as cold formula sex wax since it needs to be grippy in frozen temperatures.

This spring, looking for better grip on a wet paddle, I started using hockey stick tape on the shaft, then wax over that. The stick tape has a TON of grip compared to wax alone. Enough so that I got a blister on my thumb knuckle. Now I have a nice callus there. haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts