Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark your calendars now and plan to attend the Pueblo Paddle-A-Thon being held July 7th in the Pueblo Whitewater Park, in Pueblo, Colo., to benefit First Descents, a kayak camp for young adults with cancer.

Up-to-date details of the event can be found at Pueblo Paddle-A-Thon

Pledge sheets and additional information will be posted soon. Prizes will be awarded to top fundraisers and sponsorships are still available.

We are planning to make this a boating-community event and make this the most fun you could have and still raise money for a very worthy cause.

The event will be designed in such a way that boaters will be able to complete their laps with plenty of time left over to get in some playboating in the park's features. So bring your kayak, canoe, ducky, or innertube and plan on a great day of paddling and making a difference in the life of a young adult with cancer.

Oh yeah, bring your smile too. You will need it!

This is an ACA event so if you aren't a member there will be a $10 waiver fee to become a member for the event only.

If you have any questions please contact me at [email protected] or 719 406.1331

Attachments

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sponsors step up!!!

Sponsors Support the Pueblo Paddle-A-Thon!
Sponsors are really stepping up to help with our event and our effort to raise money for First Descents. So far, WRSI, The Edge Ski, Paddle & Pack, Palm Equipment, Seven2 Paddles, Smitty's Green Light, Voz Sports, Pueblo Firefighter's Union, SnapDragon, and Shred Ready have donated to the cause. These companies and others who will be taking part in the Pueblo Paddle-A-Thon know what it means to be a good corporate citizen and how to do their part to make a difference.

The top three fundraisers will get to pick from the donated goodies. The remaining schwag will be distributed by a drawing with paddlers getting a ticket for each $50 raised.

Pledge sheets and information sheets are available on the blog site (listed below) and are ready for download.

More updates soon!

Info for the Paddle-A-Thon has been updated...have a look at the following link.
Pueblo Paddle-A-Thon

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a photo of just some of what participants in the Pueblo Paddle-A-Thon can win for their efforts in raising money for First Descents. Several companies have been very generous and more schwag is on the way! Got questions or want to help? call me. 719 406.1331
SYOTR!
-Bryan

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SCHWAG UPDATE!!!

Adventure Technologies just came through big time with an AT4 river, bent shaft, carbon fiber paddle that showed up today! Some lucky boater will be going home from the paddle-a-thon with this badboy!

THANKS AT!!!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More schwag! Matt Solomon models the new Voz Sports whitewater helmet. We will be giving two of them away as well as a wetpack (back pack for kayak gear) all generously donated to the Paddle-A-Thon by Voz Sports. So raise some cash, grab your boat and come to the Pueblo Whitewater Park July 7th to paddle and win some awesome stuff all to help out First Descents!

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TWO MORE REASONS TO PADDLE FOR FIRST DESCENTS!!!
Keen Footwear has generously donated two pair of shoes to the Pueblo Paddle-A-Thon to benefit First Descents! Woohoo!!!
A big THANK YOU to Mark Cohen and David Munk at Keen! Thanks for helping us make a difference!!! ALL Schwag will be awarded to fundraising paddlers!

Get your boat and get here on July 7th to win awesome stuff and help a fantastic cause!!! Oh yeah, you might just have a boat-load of fun too!
-Bryan
Pueblo Paddlers

·
Registered
795 Posts
Bryan,

Just wanted to give some HUGE props for the hard work you've put into this and all the sponsorships/gear/schwag you've been able to procure. A great job done for an AWESOME cause!!

I'm working hard on being the #1 donation dude........daddy needs a new drysuit!! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Open for beginners?

My friend and I are really new to the kayaking and we're wondering if the river is easy enough for us. We've only been on the river 5 or 6 times.

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Pueblo Whitewater Park is very user-friendly. For what we are going to be doing I think that most boaters will be able to do laps without much trouble. We will also have some safety boaters available to paddle with you if you think you might need it. How's your roll? And if you want to participate and not worry about a roll you may consider renting a ducky to paddle through the park. I know that CKS has them and I think that there may be some available for rent in the Denver area as well. You can also get a look at the Pueblo Whitewater Park if you click on the following link:

Pueblo Boating Beta

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask. We look forward to seeing you at the Paddle-A-Thon!

-Bryan

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SCHWAG ALERT!!!!

Seven 2 Paddles has generously donated one of their whitewater paddles for the Paddle-A-Thon!!! Another company steps up to help make a difference!!! We thank you Seven 2 and First Descents thanks you!

-Bryan

·
Registered
16 Posts
My friend and I who want to participate can roll just fine by now and we've been going to lyons twice a week and we've run Golden a couple of times. From your description, I think we will be just fine. Also, would you be able to send me a copy of the waiver that I can print out? I'm only 17 and my father won't be able to come down there, but he can sign it ahead of time. Thanks a bunch.

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is there someplace I can fax it to you? (If so, email me the phone number) If not, I can get it scanned and send you a jpeg file of it that you can print out (give me your email and I can send it to you), have your dad sign and bring with you next Saturday. If you go to the link you can click on the image of the pledge sheet and the beta sheet then print them out to use them.

-Bryan

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just two days til the Paddle-A-Thon! The t-shirts have been printed and the Schwag continues to roll in. A big thanks to both The Edge Ski, Paddle & Pack and Shred Ready helmets for their donations of more cool stuff that paddlers can win! Even if you didn't solicit pledges you can still show up, pay the $50 minimum (provide an ACA #), paddle the park, and possibly go home with some really cool stuff! And it is all for a terrific cause...First Descents!

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Nice work on this Bryan. I know you put in a lot of work. Kudos to you.

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...

I wanted to say "Thank you" to everyone who played a part in making the first Pueblo Paddle-A-Thon a terrific success! Thank you to our corporate sponsors, Palm/MTI, AT Paddles, Seven-2 Paddles, Voz Sports, WRSI Helmets, Snap Dragon spray skirts, Shred Ready Helmets, Keen Footwear, The Edge Ski, Paddle, & Pack, The Summit Company, Juls Bayci, Bill McCanless, Smitty's Green Light Tavern and Imprinted Sportswear.

I also wanted to thank the paddlers who raised the money and came out to paddle the Pueblo Whitewater Park on Saturday. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

(...and thank you SO much to everyone who donated their hard-earned cash to this event.)

We raised approximately $4,100 to benefit First Descents. This is a fantastic start to an event that will grow each year and make a difference in the lives of many young adults with cancer.

A huge thanks goes to the members of the Pueblo Paddlers who showed up and made a real statement. This club is moving to the next level. They worked hard raised the money, did the paddling and showed that as a club they are about more than just planning their next paddle trip. WAY TO STEP UP GUYS!

A special thank you goes out to Jeb Stogdell, his sister Kim and The Summit Company for donating the incredible shuttle of a newly refurbished (complete with the John Deere paint scheme) hay wagon and pick up truck. You guys really saved us!

All in all we had a great day and when it was all said and done, we made and difference and that just plain feels good!

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Greg, but this would never have happened without all the support from our sponsors and the boaters who took to the streets to drum up pledges, my helmet is off to all of you. Thanks for a terrific effort!

-Bryan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts