Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
that's pretty much one of my favorite activities on the water. works awesome. can't speak for the Paco but on the Air make sure the valve caps are on just in case the actual valve gets depressed so you don't let water in the pad. that's a major pain to get back out and makes it heavy the rest of the trip. The pad straps are perfect for tying off to the boat so you don't get left behind or dragging it back up the beach for another ride. and small rapids are no problem. pretty stable and you can stay pretty dry up on it if you wanted to. they can get hot in the sun due to the dark colors but that outer material is bomber.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
And don't forget the other use... Paco Pad Slip-n-Slide!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I did the pumphouse run on one. Catch a ride behind a raft for the flat parts. Great fun! I did, however, have to chase it after one of the little rapids. It took a little practice to hold onto the thing. They get really slippery. Which is probably why Laurie likes the paco slip-n-slide. That looks a little painful to me!

Kim

·
Renaissance *******
1,395 Posts
Jack himself (Jack's Plastic) told me not to because if they get water in them the only way to get it out is to cut an inch off the end, take the pad out dry and reseal. Even so I do it on almost every trip with the same pad I have had for more than 10 years. Maybe better to duct tape the valve just in case.
My kids use that pad to sled down the stairs on a regular basis.
I have also been thinking about gluing some D rings on the edges to make a CrazyCreek like camp chair...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.