Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there use an overthruster. I am thinking about getting one for my chronic. Do they really make any difference. Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Go to wal mart and get a 77 cent beach ball, works perfectly for my LL vision. Yes, it makes a difference for front loops, it's no magic looping device, but it'll give you a little more pop than without. My skirt sinks in until it hits my legs when I go for a loop without the beach ball. Beach ball could make swimming interesting though.

Other options would be the official overthrusters from IR or the jackson inflatable thingamajig. Looks kinda silly with the huge bulge, however, large loops do not look silly.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Grandpa, you are in luck! I work at CKS and we just put our leftover overthrusters on blowout sale today. I think we have one Necky one left.

They do help give you extra pop, act as an implosion bar in situations like ocean surf of really big water and i really prefer it over having a bulbous inflateable ball between my legs. definitely works for lots of paddlers though and is a good option as well.

www.coloradokayak.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts