Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Old Guy in a PFD
1,106 Posts
Always had a preference for integrated handles, minor point I know.
A 3 year no questions asked warranty sounds like they stand behind their product.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just met with the local rep for this company here in boise. They are only 2 weeks old. The coolers look fantastic. The hinges are very heavy. the latches are really well done and are flush to the cooler body when locked. the gaskets however are foam not rubber. from what I see that's the one weak link. I bought the 40 quart and will test it for durability and ice life and report back.

Crooked River Whiskey. Not for everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
796 Posts
If they’re around to stand behind their products. That’s always my concern with an unestablished company. But I agree, Yeti’s have completely gone off the charts on price, and I don’t think they’ve suddenly gotten any better over the last 5 years, just doubled in price.

A yeti 110 weighs 39 lbs, Canyon 105 37 lbs, and they list the Outfitter 115 at 38.5 lbs, should be comparable insulation density.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Osprey,
We weighed the Outfitter while I was there. 37.8 lbs. The company owner contacted me personally because I had so many qstions for the rep. He gave me his word on a unconditional 3 yr warranty. Of course if they go tits up that means little. It's a nice box though!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Cool, I just grabbed what was on their website. I wouldn't worry too much about the foam seal either, once it goes easily replaceable with rubber.

All I know is I'm glad I bought my yeti 120 in 2007. I thought 285 was a lot for a cooler, don't know if I'd pay 550 to replace it today. I do love it though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looks identical to this cooler branded as Siberian.

Free Shipping 30 Qt Siberian Cooler Ice Chest Rotomolded Design SC 30 W | eBay

Seems like there are couple handfuls of cooler styles built in China and anyone can slap there name on them.
Alibaba sells them all. Check their website.
If you buy a hundred you can name them "Whetstone" Coolers!

Tough to believe in a company after 2 weeks, they'll fade away in 3 years but the cooler will probably last.
eBay is swamped with cheap rotomolded coolers and more are added daily.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Who is the retailer in Boise? Costco in Nampa has the Pelicans again. Its hard to compare apples to apples but I have the 95 and havent seen any cooler hold ice longer. It is built to last and has a lifetime warranty. It is just so damn heavy and tall.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No retailer. On line or via the local rep. PM me for his contact info. Coloradojudd, yes, lokks like the same manufacturer. That one is smaller but otherwise looks to be same same.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who is the retailer in Boise? Costco in Nampa has the Pelicans again. Its hard to compare apples to apples but I have the 95 and havent seen any cooler hold ice longer. It is built to last and has a lifetime warranty. It is just so damn heavy and tall.
No retailer. On line purchase but you can pick it up locally from the rep. Tim.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not a buddy at all. I did direct to to the Buzz for just that reason. Also pointed him to several whitewater outfitter types. His company is currently targeted at the hunting and fishing markets and had missed our little crowd with its marketing so far.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
After owning a tan yeti tundra, I will never buy a cooler other than white again.

QUOTE=ColoradoJudd;394278]Here is the same cooler for $180 shipped
I could have saved you $20 if you had not purchased the cooler 4 hours after your first post.

Pink
40qt Bright Pink Roto Molded Cooler Ice Chest with Free Shipping | eBay

Red
40qt Bright Red Roto Molded Cooler Ice Chest with Free Shipping | eBay

Green
40qt Bright Green Roto Molded Cooler Ice Chest with Free Shipping | eBay[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
538 Posts
After owning a tan yeti tundra, I will never buy a cooler other than white again.

QUOTE=ColoradoJudd;394278]Here is the same cooler for $180 shipped
I could have saved you $20 if you had not purchased the cooler 4 hours after your first post.

Pink
40qt Bright Pink Roto Molded Cooler Ice Chest with Free Shipping | eBay

Red
40qt Bright Red Roto Molded Cooler Ice Chest with Free Shipping | eBay

Green
40qt Bright Green Roto Molded Cooler Ice Chest with Free Shipping | eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz[/QUOTE]

Whats wrong with tan? lol

1 - 20 of 54 Posts