Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey folks,
Not quite in western Colorado, but if by chance you are running Cataract or Westwater or if you are completely out of options on the slope, you can rent outboards from Navtec in Moab. They can set you up with a transom and tags if you need it. Hope this helps.
Neil

·
no tengo
1,890 Posts
any other options? I want to take the fam on stillwater but the jetboat shuttle is too $pendy. an outboard rental would be ideal I think but couldn't locate anyone offering this in moab.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Dont most states make you register your boat if certain size with an outboard?

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
Yo Jimbo:Umm cause it's a generator, pm me if you are interested in a Evinrude Sportwin 9 hp in perfect condition

Farley: In Co; it is for any motor, as long it's gasoline fired, but not for the electric trollers as far as I know

·
Registered
179 Posts
Keep your eyes on Craigslist. A 5-6hp motor for $400-500 is a good deal. Then you will have it forever. All the custom raft shops can make a transom for you or borrow one from a friend. I would lend my transom way before my motor. Sorry don't know of any outboard rentals. We did rent a skiff from the marina @ lake Powell. They brought it up to where the currant ran out on Cataract.

·
SarahofTheWaves
423 Posts
I put out a general appeal for the outboard. It was well worth it. And I was lucky to find someone willing to lend their motor.
You do need to register your raft. It must be the raft with the motor mount. Other rafts in the flotilla don't need to register, obviously. Unsure if we registered in CO or UT. Might want to ask the ranger.
Invest in a motor. Ask for a $125 donation from any buzzard who wants to use it. It will be paid for pretty quickly.
S

1 - 16 of 16 Posts