Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our raft has finally arrived. Due to the mudslide in the snake river canyon we have been unable to get to Rendezvous River Sports to get our raft. Heck we most likely won't see the river for some time!

But our new Aire in the living room and we are about to put the floor in. Photos to come later.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Congrats!! I recommend sleeping on it in your living room. You probably wont sleep to well, but who cares you got a new boat.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found out PVC is cold. We put a few blankets on the floor and then all piled in for the adventure. You are right, I didn't sleep so well at all and wished I would get up and go to my bed. But I stayed with my little son and we woke up in our raft. I can get a better sleep tonite.

The raft is huge!!! I am wondering if I bought too much raft? It is an 156 aire.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean- I just got my 143D and had it inflated in my living room. I kept looking at it thinking- Damn that thing is huge!!!!

(let the TWSS jokes fly....;))

·
Registered
556 Posts
When i blew up my new JPW tubes in my living room they seemed massive!

Won't seem so big outside.
Gongrats on finally getting your hands on a boat.... Best money your family ever spent.

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
Here she is:
This made me quite happy to see. Good on you.
With four people ( it looks like you have at least two sons) it is not too big. When you get loaded up for your first multi day trip you will be thankful for the size.

Congrats.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You can't go wrong with an Aire raft. Their customer service is second to none.
Also, if you ever float the Grand Canyon, your 156R won't seem so huge....

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Is there such a thing as "too big to fail"? Just because you can fit the kitchen sink doesn't necessarily mean you need to bring it

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
My point is when you've got the biggest boat, somehow your buddies leave a huge pile of shit in front of it that they somehow can't fit on theirs, and they expect you to fit it on yours

There is no shame in underloading your boat ... It will be a lot easier to navigate

·
Registered
141 Posts
Don't let a big boat lure you into a false sense of security. I wouldn't get your little ones on the river untill late July.The Snake is mean & pushy during a big runoff.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't let a big boat lure you into a false sense of security. I wouldn't get your little ones on the river untill late July.The Snake is mean & pushy during a big runoff.
We are not going near the Snake until after the run off. And with the road closed our scenic option on the Snake are off too.

3 Words! "Whitewater Safety Course"
I have the video and the book. The husband is going to take us down to the lake where we must practice our flipping the boat back over and many more skills. He has had us in the yard with throw bags. But safety first for this family.

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
I just got my 156r and it runs awesome, it holds the 3 dogs and my girl and alot of beer. Hope you enjoy yours just as much as I enjoy mine!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I can guarantee that their pile of crap would still be there when I pushed off. Don't get me wrong--I will take my fair share and then some--but don't expect me to carry your extra bag of sex toys and cross dresser outfits...

My point is when you've got the biggest boat, somehow your buddies leave a huge pile of shit in front of it that they somehow can't fit on theirs, and they expect you to fit it on yours

There is no shame in underloading your boat ... It will be a lot easier to navigate

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
wildh2onriver said:
--but don't expect me to carry your extra bag of sex toys and cross dresser outfits...
My wife reminded me to never ask you on a trip again. :)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Wygal. Sorry if my earlier post was misconstrued. Your boat looks awesome and I applaud you for buying an American boat that is keeping some Boise (meridian) residents at work and off the river where they could be sucking up all the late cancellations. Be safe!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts