Mountain Buzz banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi: I wrote "Otter than fiction" story for the Post Independent, and yes, I realize that although I did report the rescued dog was rescued, I didn't report on what ultimately happened to it (word count issues; the original story was about 1,200 - I only got about 850 to tell the tale). Nancy and Mary found the owner of the dog that evening on the river and returned it. The next day, however, they saw it, stranded once again and crying, but they were on their way to the take-out and the hospital so they didn't stop to rescue it that time, though they heard later, it found its way to its owner again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi again: If you check out post #18 from AndtheLab, you'll see what happened with the rescued dog. It sounds like Nancy - the otter attackee - and Mary did find the owner and return the dog, but the owner lost the again that night not the next day, as I stated in post #21. It sounds like AndtheLab kept the dog with them that night.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Clickster,
Thanks for the story and update! I posted it here knowing the "Buzz" community would enjoy it, not to mention it was the talk of the boat ramp today at that cluster called Grizzly Creek. Too many otter jokes being told but I think those people were just a bunch of weasels. Keep the stories "flowing."

AndTheLab,
thanks for rescuing the dog! Too bad the otter didn't attack its owners!

·
Come and open the gate
182 Posts
has anyone ever heard of anything like this otter attack happening before?

i wouldnt think otters would attack people if unprovoked. Maybe the dog being on the island for so long whining had the otter all worked up.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I read this before launching Deso last week. While scouting a rapid on day three, I found fresh otter tracks in the mud. We had dogs with us. No one was attacked.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts