Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
"After the attack, the otter left a large deposit of fecal matter barely covered below some tamarisks, laid his sawed-off across his lap and motored back up to Loma while cracking open what one witness identified as a can of Coors Heavy. The same witness claimed that he heard the otter yell, 'Permit this, biotch!' before projectile vomiting on a passing ducky."

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Forget the otter......what happened with the dog ??????

·
Abron Cabron
611 Posts
“Make sure your first aid kit is well stocked, especially with antibiotic cream,” she said. “And if you see bubbles in the water, swim in the opposite direction.”

lolz!

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
My favorite quote from the article.......
"I was thinking, ‘He's so cute.' I could see his little whiskers. But I was also trying to grab him around the neck, thinking he needed to die before he attacked me again.”

·
Registered
381 Posts
I saw a couple of them down in Brown's this summer for the first time. Nice to see they're making a comeback.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Could this be the BLM's idea of how to manage the river traffic in that section? Finally an aggressive idea: "Sic em boy!"; okay, not to be sexist, "Sic em girl!".

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could this be the BLM's idea of how to manage the river traffic in that section? Finally an aggressive idea: "Sic em boy!"; okay, not to be sexist, "Sic em girl!".
I am quite sure that the dog was planted as a decoy to lure in unsuspecting victims...what did happen to the dog?

·
Registered
206 Posts
We had a family of otters with two young in our ponds this summer. Mom otter did not like dogs. I would guess the dog went after the otter and the otter was protecting it home. They live in holes in the bank. If it was the size of a cat it was young. Hope the lady heals up with no problems.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I am quite sure that the dog was planted as a decoy to lure in unsuspecting victims...what did happen to the dog?
Yes, let's find out what happened with the dog. Poor journalism I'd say. The whole reason the lady was attacked by the otter was because she was trying to rescue a lost dog. A dog in a CFD, on a rock in the middle of the river, all alone & crying......now that's the story I want to hear about.
KJ

·
Registered
182 Posts
News Flash! The dog is believed to have turned into a mega-otter. Rumor has it that he has migrated to Bedford, Virginia, living somewhere near The Peaks of Otter Lodge. A strange looking otterdog has been seen near some crime scenes and the town's folk are not sure whether it is friend or foe. They are seeking advice from New Yorkians regarding how to handle possible animal superheros; while the town's newspaper editor has put a bounty out for his pelt. Surely, more to follow...

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am pretty sure we found the dog. My wife, 4 year old daughter, and myself were camped at knowles that night. Some guy floated past by himself and yelled out to something. We couldnt make out what it was. About 2 hours later i could hear something howling on the tracks on the otherside of the river. Finally spotted the lost dog. He eventually swam over ( lifejacket on) and spent the night with us. Try explaining why someone would leave a dog to a 4 year old. The dog howled all night long. In the morning we packed up and floated it to Westy were the guys who owned the dog were at. Dudes definatly didn't have their shit together. Really frustrated my wife. Had no
idea about the otter attack until this thread.

·
Registered
227 Posts
My grandkids like to jump off our raft occasionally to cool off on that run. Not sure I'll allow it after hearing this.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
My grandkids like to jump off our raft occasionally to cool off on that run. Not sure I'll allow it after hearing this.
Well in otterwords, if you do not hear duelling banjoes or see bubbles on the river your grandkids, otter be ok to swim.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts