Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been talking with some customers and it doesn't sound like everyone can make it all the way over to Paddlefest this weekend. Sounds like a great event though and we wish best of luck!

Alpine Kayak in Avon would like to extend the same pricing this weekend to all of our customers and honor any of our competitor's kayak and/or accessory discounts or coupons that are floating around out there.

So if you are in the area skiing Vail on its last weekend, hitting up Shoshone or want to save a few bucks on gas, stop on by and we'll take care of you.

I think most of the other shops in CO are doing the same thing to try and service their customers the best they can.

Have a great weekend!
SYOTR,
-Sean
Alpine Kayak

·
Registered
86 Posts
another paddlefest price match

hey sean -- great to talk to you and all the other colorado shop owners the other day. Mountain Miser is in as well. We'll match the paddlefest deals. As discussed, we'll start today. Save your gas, go ski, avoid i-70 whatever your reason. Support the shop that supports you...whatever shop that might be. You will soon see posts from most of colorado ww shops. see you soon.

cheers david

·
Registered
16 Posts
Match what pricing? I'm not aware of any advertised pricing. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that all the stores are competing for our business and I think Mountain Miser, CKS and Alpine are all outstanding shops. But be original, post some pricing. X% of new boats, Y% off all accessories etc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
PADDLEFEST PRICE MATCHING AT ALPENGLOW

HEY FOLKS!!

As always, most of the Colorado Shops are planning on honoring any coupons and specials out there. If you plan to drive up the hill, I hope that you enjoy this great opportunity to peruse a large selection of gear and reconnect with fellow paddlers. Drive safely and watch out for the other guy.

Chris
Alpenglow- Golden & Co Springs

·
Registered
480 Posts
What I want to know is who's idea is to have these damn sales on the same weekend I have to send a check to the freakin' IRS??? :x :? :D

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Sale

Holy smack Batman, I just saw the prices at the gas gage. $2.18 a gallon for the cheap stuff, looks I'll be staying close to home. If your feeling the same stop on by Confluence Kayaks in Denver.

We'll be keeping up with the Jones by dropping our pants and matching the discounts. So, if your looking for a deal and don't feel like paying a cover or driving up into I-70 hell. STOP ON BY. The deals only last for the weekend and it's only on things we have in stock. (April-15-17)

Thanks everyone, and have a good one.

Call 303-433-3676 for directions and shop hours.

·
Registered
25 Posts
All boats on sale?

Are the Jackson Kayaks being sold at a discounted price at the other shops during this weekend?? I'm looking...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just want to say I am disappointed in the reaction the Kayak shops are having to the Paddlefest event being held in Silverthorne. I have never been to this event in the past, but do plan on going this year to check it out- hopefully meet new people to paddle with and learn more about the gear and products out there. I see what CKS is doing as promoting our sport and bringing the community together like many other events that take place- yes also promoting their store. I understand this is the "competition" for local shops, however if you want to counter what they are doing or offer your own deals that is fine- hell put on your own event down here in Denver. However, bashing and encouraging people not to go due to "gas prices" certainly is not very mature and does not promote a sense of community in our sport which is one of the many reasons I love it so much. AlpenGlow- I am most impressed with your post encouraging people to have a good time if they attend- that is what it is all about in the end! Sorry for this but I couldnt resist posting my 2 cents.

·
Registered
205 Posts
In the words of Gold Member (maybe not an exact quote), "Oooo, loooks like tharrrs a power struggle."

·
Registered
539 Posts
hey don,

are you offering discounted gas? i just paid $2.20/ gallon with the king soopers discount. i'll drive down just to fill up if you can sell it for $2.18.

i think the sales this summer should reimburse their customers for the amount of gas it takes to drive to the store. like a parking voucher. also, can you make blimpie subs? toasted blimpie subs?

i'm going to open a store in clear creek county called "kayaking convience". we'll offer kayaks (of course), energy drinks, coffee, a free oil change with every kayak purchase, free tire pressure checks, a car wash for both cars and boats, and in the back a smoke shop selling "tobacco pipes" and cigarette papers. we'll also have cheap breakfast burritos and 40's of your favorite malt beverage.

i'd better patent this before someone gets the jump on me!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
wow.......I would be pissed if I was CKS. I don't remember them coming on here and trying to pull customers away from the other shops swaps this year. I also heard the Alpine was pissed about Mountain Quest having their swap the same weekend a couple weeks ago. Kinda shitty if you ask me. Guess thats what happens when there are too many kayak shops in one area.

JH

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not defending

I am under the impression that the Paddlefest is more like an Industry show for the public than a gear swap. Their website says they are not selling used boats at this years Paddlefest. http://summitkayak.com/newsletter.cfm

In the retail world its a cutthroat dog eat dog world but karma goes around!!!

For my .02 I think all the shops should get together and do a HUGE gear show/swap/party The SCUBA shops in the city I used to live in would do this once a summer and it was a great time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts