Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the OT. Is it me, or is Ticketmaster out of control. I was “><” this close to grabbing a pair of tickets for a Red Rocks show when I realized that TM was charging a 22% “convenience charge” that was above and beyond the facility usage fee. Most credit cards can’t get away with that rate for a year-long loan. What are they thinking? Short story: this may be the first summer in many where I don’t make it to the Rocks… :x BOOOOOOO! TM, BOOOOOOO! :x ... by the way, shouldn't a convenience charge be per transaction, rather than per ticket? These guys suck! BOOOOOO! :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Agreed. I guess Pearl Jam was right to boycott them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You should try and buy all your tickets through SCI ticketing. It is the string cheese incident's company and they are really actively trying to make a difference in the gouging that Ticketmaster gives to concert goers. SCI may not have all the tickets that you want but they have a lot and you should definetly support them. They have tickets for many bands other than jam bands and really support local music. They are the sole supplier of tickets for mishawaka and several other venues, our only hope as consumers is that companies like SCI will take too much of ticketmaster's business and force them to change their evil ways. Support the giant killers, not the giant!

Zach.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts